Pieces

"Yes, of course Susan Adams-Larsen she works in the main hospital in Copenhagen", says Milly.

I get my phone out and text Susan and ask her to call me or William ASAP.

Williams's POV

"I was just speaking with the King and Crown Princess the secret police is on the case. He did insist we give Danita leave until we know what part she played in Eric getting into the castle".

Eva looks at me in shock but Milly doesn't, "My ex-friend Mathew got in touch with me last night and this morning. From the text he send me he clearly expected something to be wrong."

I see Eva purse her lips together, "He doesn't have your phone number so how did he send you a text?"

"He didn't say when I called him and asked".

Milly leaves after we finish our discussion. Then Eva tells me she's scared because Eric is a psycho then she tells me about Danita knowing it was a man she was talking about last night. I tell her that her fear would only hold her back not make her stronger.

"Do you think Danita betrayed us?"

"Our security thinks so and so do I the good news is we won't be seeing her again. Since she's not allowed back in the castle".

I saw the relief on Eva's face as I said that so I place a hand on her slightly swollen stomach. "I'll always look out for both of  you never forget that".

Later that night Susan called us back I put her on speaker phone. "Do you know Eric Curry or have you ever heard of him?"

"Yes I unfortunately know of him luckily for me he doesn't work in my department. My first week working at the hospital after I got married. Everyone knew I was a Countess and a best friend of the Crown Princess because it was in the newspaper. He came up to me and introduced himself and said he was after an affair with me. Oddly he said this in front of a patient someone name Mathew Clarke. I remember the name as it was an unusual situation and Eric had no reason to be on my floor. He just barged into the room didn't knock or anything".

"Bugger". I tell her who Mathew is and who Eric is to Eva.

"Oh crap he's that idiot who was stalking you after the first date all those years ago?"

"Yes", answers Eva. "I should've mentioned his name to you back then.

"As the head of the hospital I'm taking this up with the police. He shouldn't have gotten into the palace and he shouldn't be around patients. Especially if he had a lifetime ban against him for stalking a women he will be fired as well".

"Thank you".

"Hey Susan who was the head of the hospital before you?"

"Your wife's private secretary".

Eva and I was both stunned, "Why did you never mention this before?"

"We have all been so busy William and I assumed she would've told you".

"No she didn't her CV never mentioned she worked at a hospital. Thank you for your help say hi to Theo and the kids for me".

"Take care".

I end the call I couldn't really get mad at her she was best friends with Debbie. Eva and I were close to her but not as close as she and Debbie are.

"Bloody hell it's impossible that everything was a coincidence from you meeting Eric again to Danita getting a job here". I watch Eva as I talk the anger coming off her was palatable. "What's the connection between them Eva we're clearly overlooking something ".

"Well we know my ex and your ex-friend know each other. One was a racist and the other clearly not. He wanted to date me and actually did for a night. But where does a black man and women comes into it?"

"Hopefully when the police do the investigation we will find out. In the meantime we go about our business and look over our shoulders."

"Debbie invited us to dinner next week".

"That would be so lovely it's been so long since we've seen them. Her live is so hectic now".

"It's the life of a future queen I'm afraid and she's just going to be a figurehead. Imagine how it is for Vic and Diego they'll actually rule their country".

That night I took Eva out to dinner at our favourite restaurant. When we got there she orders takeout too. I watch her put a slice of pizza in her mouth. "This is so good", she says as she eats.

Four weeks have passed and it was our turn to invite António and Debbie to dinner.

Eva and I were getting dress she wore a yellow maternity smock dress and I had on Black jeans and a white shirt.

I watch her stop suddenly and put a hand on her stomach. I rush over to her, "Darling are you okay?"

She smiles at me, "Here give me your hand". I give her my hand and she put it on her stomach I felt a small movement.

"The baby is kicking", I watch her start to cry. I hold her and kiss her on the head. I was happy for the same reason. We had proof our baby was alive and is growing as he should.

When we were all sat round the dining table. Debbie looks between Eva and I. "You guys haven't stop smiling since we got here. What gives?"

"The baby moved for the first time today". I watch her beam at us then she wipes a tear away.

"I'm happy for you guys".

When dinner was over we had tea and coffee in the living room. "I have some news your ex-private secretary has attempted to get a job at the hospital. Susan put a stop to it of course", says Debbie.

"That's weird she must think we don't know about the connections between her and my ex and William's friend", Eva response.

"She's playing with the family", we all turn to António. "Think about it we have endured a fake friend in Caroline. A friend who was with you William for what he could get by association".

"I can't believe how racist he is".

"William when did Mathew start showing racist tendencies?"

I think about Debbie's words, "When I said I fancied Eva", then I remembered something, "After the racist attack years ago. He made a snide comment about me going to the service for it. I thought nothing of it at the time".

António sits forward in his chair, "Can you remember exactly what he said?"

"I shouldn't have gone to it we could've gone out for a meal instead. I remember Emma smirking after he said that".

"I didn't know him and Emma were friends".

I knew where Eva's mind was going as racist as my sister and mother were. Maybe just maybe they were good friends with these people.

"Yeah they were he told me that couple weeks ago," I say to the room.

"Now we have something to go on we just need to know where Danita fits into all this".