Lonely

"Come on there's got to be a part of you that wishes the crown princess and her family would get in an accident making you the next heir". I look over at the naked woman on her side next to me in bed I couldn't believe what I've just heard. I walk to where my clothes were on the chair and start to get dress.

"Baby come on I was joking".

"Murder isn't a joke Thea", she let the sheet slide down her body and walk over to me. She holds out her arms to me I side step her.

"Lose my number never mind I'll just block yours".  I walk out her bedroom and didn't even glance back at her.

My bodyguards were waiting for me, "Take me home please I need to wash the stink off me".

Paul my main bodyguard looks at me, "I take it we won't be seeing her ladyship anymore".

"No we won't, you know she actually inferred it would be great if Debbie and her children had an accident and died so I would be king".

"I'll make sure to let the secret police know sir".

"Upper class girls see nothing but titles there's nothing wrong with being a princess and a supporter to the current ruler".

"You're right of course your highness".

We arrive at my home and I immediately head for the shower. I wash my body trying to erase Thea's touch. I sling a towel around my waist and grab another one to towel dry my hair. I look around my bedroom sadly then I put on silk pyjama bottoms and head for the kitchen.  I open the fridge to see a large cooked lasagna I smile and cut a piece of it then put it in the microwave to heat up.

I can't believe that bitch Thea even making those words come out her mouth. Let me introduce myself,. My name is Prince William of Denmark and as you already guess I won't be king. My uncle is currently king and my cousin Debora who made this lasagna in my fridge will be queen one day.

I'm not upset I won't be king I see the amount of work Debora has to do and I don't envy her. My sister Victoria will be queen one day of Sardinia. If I envy my sister and cousin of anything it's their family, both are happily married with children. Debora or Debbie as I like to call her is pregnant with her third child.

I take the lasagna out the microwave after hearing the beep and start to eat it. It's very good I hope one day to find a woman who can cook as well as the female relatives in my life. I stroll through the family WhatsApp group as I eat. Victoria is having a christening for my niece Sophia in couple months. I decided then and there that the person I take to my niece's christening would be a girlfriend. Not a booty call or these posh versions of a hood rat that Debbie calls my stream of posh titled girlfriends.

The truth is there's a girl I've liked for a while I don't think she will be interested in dating me however. Who's this girl you may ask?  She is one of my cousin's best friends. Her name is Eva Thomas she's got dark brown skin, brown eyes and long natural hair. That she puts in all these different styles that make her look even more adorable. I actually know what cornrows, and box braids are thanks to Debbie who's biracial. She loves doing her hair in those styles as well.

I don't know if Eva dates black men exclusively. I see her once in a while when Debbie has a party and we both attend it.  I sigh heavily unsure how to start a conversation with her then I head to bed.

The next day I'm woken up by my valet yes I have one. I get ready quickly choosing a blue suit with a blue tie.

I'm headed to America for a week of engagements I board the plane and look over at my bodyguards. I arrive in Washington for a meeting with the president of the United States. He was a chubby man with a reputation as an idiot. I was glad when the meeting was over his reputation was well deserved. The man was an egomaniac to boot I was glad I was staying at the Danish embassy while in Washington.

I have a break before my next meeting so I head for a chicken place call Popeye's. I hear it has a famous chicken sandwich. Debbie tried it when she was last in the States and didn't stop raving about it for a week. Luckily for me no one really recognises me when I place my order.  I bite into the chicken and moan it did live up to the hype.

After lunch it was yet another meeting with politicians this time I went to the senate. When all my engagements were over I went to a bar. "Beer please", I say to the barman.

I take a swig of my beer and look around the bar it was loud and dark. Their were scantily clad women everywhere. I see couple of them looking me up and down like I was a piece of meat.

I drink my beer and leave going to bars didn't fill me with the same excitement it once did. I wanted to be on this trip with a wife. As I got older I realise just how lonely doing all these solo engagements were. Especially coming back to a empty room which was soul destroying.

The only woman I wanted by my side was Eva. I didn't have a telephone number for her but I knew someone who did. I call Debbie.

"Hello".

"William did you forget about the time difference?"

"Oh god Debbie I did I'm sorry  I'll call you later".

"No need what's up?"

"Eva, erm do you have a number for Eva of course you do. Can I get it?" I sound like a school boy.

"I knew it, I knew it Antonio wake up I was right he does like her".

"Woman let me sleep have you seen the time?" I hear Antonio sleepily murmur.

"I need to ask her if it's okay to give her number out if she says yes I'll text you her number".

"Ok  do you think I have a shot I mean is she dating anyone?"

"Not that I know of", I felt like there was hope for me when Debbie said that.

"I'm going to let you go sleep thanks for the chat".

"Anytime but next time check the time difference okay".

"Will do",  I hang up and make my way out the club.

The next morning I woke up to a text from Debbie it was Eva's number, I punch the air while doing a happy dance. I order room service then shower and change into a Armani black suit with a red tie.

It was my last day in Washington and it was yet more meetings with politicians. I was actually excited when I reached New York. I  would be going to different charities and finding out about the work that they do. When the tour was over I rejoice. It was nice to be back in Denmark. I haven't called Eva because I keep rehearsing what I want to say to her. I don't know much about her except she was an accountant and single.

My phone goes off so I answer it, "I know you didn't ask me for one of my best friend's number and didn't call her".

"Look Debbie I don't know what to say to her".

"Hello is a start".

"It's just I've liked her for a while now and the other day I was in a bar and all I kept thinking about was her. When I'm with other woman I think about her".

"Look Eva is a really lovely person get to know her and she's from money so she won't be after yours. She's use to palace protocol so there's that bonus. William don't play with my friend I don't want to have to hurt you".

"I won't mess her about Debs the truth is I can see myself with her for the rest of my life. Have you go any idea how exhausting it is doing tours by yourself".

She sighs heavily, "Yes I do now call her".

"I'll do it today I promise", I end the call and look up at the ceiling. Someone was holding me back from calling Eva, what was it I wonder out loud. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks I was afraid she would reject me.

I needed to know if there was even a slither of a chance so I called her. She picks up, "Hello I don't recognise the number who's this?"

"It's William".

"Debbie said you would call I expected it to have been couple days ago".

"Yeah sorry about that I was nervous about calling you".

Thus begin the story of Eva and William.