A Heavy Heart

"I'm on my way upstairs".

"I'll meet you in a few minutes".

"No stay there's only 15 minutes left of the engagement anyway".

I find the head of the household and told him to wrap everything up. My baby was clearly hurting and needed me. Ten minutes later I was upstairs, I found Eva in the bathroom taking off her makeup while her lady's maid ran her a bath.

"Leave us please".

I waited till we were alone then I hug her. She starts crying, "Hey what's with the tears?"

"He tried it on with my sister then when he was told no raised his hand to her and when I went to confront him. He was naked in his bed next to a blonde bimbo".

"He hit your sister?"

His hand didn't connect my father had us doing martial arts from a young age. As children of a multi billionaire we were a kidnap risk so he made sure we could protect ourselves".

When Faith and I told dad what happened he arranged for him to be beaten up and he swore revenge".

Suddenly I went over my conversation with Eric again. "We didn't shake hands with him you weren't in his presence for long". Eva stands and turns the tap off on the bath and I notice the fear on her face. "Why did you back away from him downstairs?"

"It was just instinct I wanted to make sure my baby was safe. There's a restraining order in place for life he's not suppose to come near any member of my family".

I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. "You have your bath I'll be right back".

I get my phone out and call security for our palace and I explain who the guy was and about the restraining order. I ask them to send me a copy of a CCTV image which I then send to Giovanni and the rest of Eva's family.

My head of security meets me at the bottom of the stairs. "Because you told us to escort him out we had someone follow him home. Everyone was check out like normal before they entered these walls. The name you gave us isn't on our list of guest tonight he is however on our watchlist. When you and her highness got engaged we got in touch with her family's head of security and got a list of people to look out for".

"The charity vouched for him I wanted a throughout investigation into them. Anything could've happened tonight anything! I got the feeling he knew something Eva and I didn't know. He was right I want her security triple when she goes out".

He bows, "Yes your highness I'll inform the king at once".

"And check this place for bugs if he went to the bathroom check it. If he went somewhere else I want it throughly check out".

I was incredibly angry he could've harmed Eva and our baby. That crack about her warming his bed when I was her first was deliberately said to rile me up. What would've happened if I didn't walk away from him?"

I walk back upstairs and just walked into the living room when a video call came through. It was Giovanni, "William my security men is on this and Faith is very upset. My seven month pregnant wife is stress out because of this clown".

"Eva is too she had to see the man who raise his hand to her sister and cheated on her ".

He looks murderous at my words then deep in though. I hope faith told him that bit.

"What are you thinking?"

"That guy looks familiar to me some how it's like I met him before or saw him somewhere. I just can't seem to think where".

"Try to remember where for all our sake".

"I'm keeping Faith in Italy for a while I need her away from all of this".

"You have to do what's best for your family Giovanni. I'll see you in couple weeks".

"It maybe for more than couple weeks William we may stay till after she has the baby".

I felt sad for Eva that she would miss her sister giving birth. We ended the call and I go back upstairs and have a shower then join Eva in bed.

I hold on to her tightly, "Giovanni says Eric kooks familiar to him. He just can't place him".

"I'm done giving that man oxygen between our security, my father's and Giovanni's he won't be a problem for long".

"We're still taking precautions honey he didn't give the charity his real name. He was followed home so we know were he lives".

I watch my wife smiles but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Baby we're okay and will be okay".

"I know", she kisses me on the lips and pull the duvet over herself. I continue to hold her till we both fell asleep.

The next day we both had solo engagements. I was going to several projects for Antonio's charity in my role as an ambassador. The truth is I didn't want to go but the crown always comes first.  At breakfast I ask Eva about her engagement since I knew she has been looking forward to it for months. It was to the children hospital that Debora went to for her first proper engagement years ago.

"This is my first engagement since my pregnancy was announced. I'm expecting there to be a big crowd since everyone is going to want to see the bump". She sighs heavily, "I'm glad daddy insisted on us having extra guards sometimes it helps to come from a billionaire family".

When she said that a part of me felt like less than a man but only for a second. My family can and have been providing security for us. Eva is so use to having money she doesn't see how sometimes her words can be cutting.