Confession II

"You seemed so in love with her Daniel".

He looks embarrassed, "I had to sell it I wanted to hurt her after what she did to Faith and Eva but they had to believe it was a real relationship. It all came crashing down when I escorted Katherine to your wedding William and to yours Giovanni. Caroline became desperate and stole something from mum and dad's house. I didn't tell them about it because I got the Fabergé egg back. Then made sure she didn't get hired at any of our companies. By this time I told Debbie everything because Caroline was becoming unhinged. Debbie must've said something to her because she spiked my drink but I switch drinks with her without knowing about the drugs. She ended up in hospital after drinking my drink. She was raving about what she would do to you and all her friends in revenge for ignoring her. She had a wedding license form when she came to see me".

I was shock at what Daniel told me. The palace knew all this and said nothing to me or Eva.

"Where is Caroline now?" I ask.

Daniel looks at me, "In a mental hospital she taped our final conversation together. When Katherine walked in the room she lunged for her to harm her but my security men subdued her".

"The scum didn't hurt Katherine did he when she was unconscious?" Giovanni sound broken he loves Katherine like a sister.

Daniel wipes tears away, "Let's just say she wasn't his type".

We all understood what Daniel meant by that but it didn't take away the concern for what happened to Katherine years before.

"Why did you wait so long to tell us the truth about her?"

"She was never a threat to you guys and all our security knew the truth. I was concentrating on sorting out my relationship with Katherine".

Giovanni looks at me then Daniel. "We needed to know the truth we both have pregnant wives she could've hurt. I thought I liked her for goodness sake. I'm so glad I only had one date with that psycho".

"I'm sorry you're both right I put us all in danger. By the way she took a lot of the credit for your engagement party William but it was Katherine and Giovanni who planned it".

I stand and hug Giovanni, "Thanks man I truly appreciate what you did for me and Eva".

"We are brothers it's what you do for kin all three of us are now brothers. Let's agree to not leave each other out of a situation that could have consequences for our safety or family.

We stand and raise our glass, "Agree," we say in unison.

We sit, "So what happens between you and Katherine now?" I ask William.

He smiles wickedly, "Before Caroline got carted away Katherine and I filled in the marriage license forms in front of her".

Giovanni starts laughing, "I love it".

"So are you too getting married?"

Daniel smiles at me, "Yes ".