The Fight Part 1

Some weeks ago

"You have to let me in Eva and you have to know that even thought you don't crave the spotlight. When you're questioning things it doesn't reflect nicely on you. Have opinions by all means voice them even but know when to pick your battles like at our engagement lunch. The people you're demanding to tell you why you should do as they ask. Can take away this palace, our HRH and our children's HRH. I know you know what great people my uncle and cousin are. Despite that you didn't let that stop you from making it uncomfortable for me at the table".

Eva and I was discussing her not apologising to my family for her behaviour at our engagement lunch.

"You want me to apologise to them?"

"Yes Eva I do it's expected because you turned a nice family get together into something unpleasant for everyone".

She starts to cry and I embrace her, "I didn't mean to make you cry but it had to be said. What happens if you go on an engagement and someone says something you don't want to hear or agree with. We need openness in this relationship if we're to go the distance. You're lucky you're best friends with the future queen.  I know of monarchies where people in our position only see the king and queen at formal public occasions maybe once or twice a year.

There's no dinner invitation for them and they're not a blip on their king or queens radar because they're not deem important enough. Look at the Swedish royals they get on very well but it's the Crown Princess family and the king that matters. Yet all their children get on because they understand their place. We don't even get a prince couple title when we marry. Johan when he's an adult and have a family get that title with the word crown attached to it.Then when Debora is queen Isabelle and her family becomes the princess couple family of Denmark. It's Debbie's unborn son that will get the prince couple title with his family".

"I'm sorry I keep messing up. We are extremely lucky aren't we?"

"We're, oh before I forget we get to have a website of our own too once we're married".

"Wow really! What will it be called?"

I wipe away her tears with my hands, "I don't know yet it will go live after the wedding has taken place. There's discussions that need to take place before then with the king and CP. Our site doesn't have a name yet maybe we can tie it all together like the English do with their @royal handle on SM".

"Maybe we can what's for dinner?"

"Chicken fajitas with a side salad".

"Sounds yummy do I have time for a quick shower?"

"Yes".

She gives me a quick peck on the lips and walk towards our bedroom while underdressing. I hope she understands what I was trying to say. I don't walk to be in my dad's situation staying in an unhappy marriage for the sake of the kids. I hope now Eva and I can move on from all of this negativity and enjoy the run up to our wedding.

I was putting the warm tortillas on the dining table when Eva walked in the kitchen wearing a silk night shirt under a open robe. "Everything smells really good".

"Thank you", I pull out her chair for her when she's seated I take a seat opposite her.

End of flashback

*********************************

After fight 2

"Are you still mad at me because of before?"

My squash game with Giovanni help ease some of the tension I was feeling.

"I was but then I understand why you said those things plus daddy basically said the same thing to me.  I want to be a good role model for all those black girls well all the young girls who will look up to me. As a princess I get to have patronage's right?" I nod.