Chapter 1

"There is nothing I can do sweetie, we have to move to another city again.. because my new job is in another city," said my father, packing some things in a cardboard box while talking to me. My father had lost his job again.. yes again. It's annoying that he comes drunk to his job and gets fired. That happened over 3 times... Mashiho and I had also told him to not drink but sometimes he gets crazy and yells at us for 'controlling his life.'

He can be sweet sometimes but he can also be crazy and I had always been scared of him because.. he can be violent.. there was this one time, where he hit my brother, Mashiho. After all, he accidentally dropped a glass of alcohol on the floor and our dad got crazy about it... I wanted to hit my dad for hurting Mashiho but Mashiho always stopped me.

Our mom.. well she died 5 years ago. The reason for her death was breast cancer and it breaks my heart that she had to die when Mashiho and I were so young... Well, I turned 17 this year and Mashiho is 17. Mashiho is soon turning 18 and he will move when he becomes 18. He said that he would take care of me because he is scared to leave me with my father that is an alcoholic.. and I'm really happy that I have a brother that cares about me.

Mashiho and I started packing our things. We had to share a room because our apartment was really small... we don't have a lot of money and that's why we have a small apartment because we can't afford a bigger apartment.

"Are you excited to move again.." he asked disappointed and sighed. "Not really but maybe I will meet some non-toxic people in my new school" Yes there are a lot of toxic people in my school and they are making fun of me because I'm poor... it's not like I'm gonna listen to all the annoying bullshit they have to say about me.. I have always been a person that isn't scared to actually punch someone for making fun of me and I once got in serious trouble after I hit someone.. punching someone and breaking their arm was a bit too much.. especially because I literally had to clean the school bathrooms for two weeks.. but.. it's not my fault that they were talking bullshit about me.

Time skip

After a 2 hour ride, we finally made it to our apartment. It was smaller.. well there is nothing I can do about that. "Kids let's go inside!" Our dad said excitedly. Mashiho signed and looked at me. "We should look for a part-time job," said Mashiho and started walking. I walked beside him. "Mashiho if you feel tired of your hard work in school then I think you shouldn't be working in part-time jobs, I can just find one for myself, " I said smiling at him. Mashiho gave me a weak smile and said "I have to be with you so I can protect you" " Okay but don't overwork yourself Mashiho!" I said and did a worried face.  He laughed at Bc I was so worried about him and we started unpacking our stuff.

[LATER IN THE NIGHT]

Looking up at the dark sky, the wind blowing my hair to the side, feeling tired.... but at least no one makes me sad as they did in my school. Telling me to kill myself just because I was poor. Am I even a fkn human because I have feelings towards others and I don't judge them for being poor not like other people are bullying someone poor? Humans really don't have any feelings at all...

I was outside checking the new area, it looked fine. I was tired of being around my alcoholic dad and serving him some food so that's why I am outside for a walk. I had some shitty and dirty clothes on. Do it even look like I care! Humans are so toxic.. well not all... Mashiho and I are humans ig... I scoffed at myself. Ofc we are humans like wtf! Ugh, this conversation with my brain is stupid.

[ 10 min later]

[ 10 min later]

I was walking random places. I spotted a skateboard/skater place. I like skateboarding but I don't have a skateboard because my bullies at school took it from me. I was about to Walk to the skateboard area when suddenly I saw 7 boys walk to the area. "Are you serious? Who walks to a skateboard area at 11 pm" I said to myself. I saw that one of the boys had a skateboard. The boy threw harshly the skateboard on the ground they were about to leave but I decided to say something to them. "Hey! You guys! You know it's bad to leave things that you actually pay for!" I said making them turn around to look at me, one of them scoffed and steppe forward. " And you know it's bad to talk rudely to strangers," he said smirking at me. " You know that some people actually can't afford to buy such an expensive skateboard!" I gave him a cold glare. "Listen, you should be careful with how rude you talk to us because we are dangerous," said one of the other boys in the back. "I'm not scared of you guys and y'all should actually be careful with how rudely you guys are talking to me" after I said that I left them without any other word.

[FEW MIN LETER]

These few minutes of walking was kinda strange because I felt someone following me but I didn't see anyone around. "Hey wait!" Someone shouted. I turned around to see who called me and it was actually one of the boys I saw at the skateboard place. " What do you want?" I said looking at him with a little frown on my face. "I just wanted to say sorry for the other boys, they can sometimes be mean... I'm Yang jungwon btw" he said smiling at me. He is kinda cute tho.. wtf y/n you can't fall in love with a random guy! "Well, it's nice to meet you! My name is Hwang y/n" I gave him a sweet smile. There was a silence and we just stared at each other. I didn't know what to say or do but after a few seconds, I saw him smirking at me but before I could say anything, I felt a sharp pain in my neck and everything went blank.

To be continued...