Her note for Jason ~Implied Kagaminette~

Bruce Wayne was hosting another gala, but this gala was in honor for the uprising fencing star, Kagami Tsurugi, so of course, Kagami got to meet the Waynes.

"Miss Tsurugi, I'm Bruce." Bruce said after catching Kagami's attention, and Kagami gave the half-smile Marinette had taught her. "Well, I'm Kagami." Bruce smiled, and introduced her to his kids.

"This is my eldest, Richard, or Dick Grayson-Wayne, this is my second eldest Jason Todd-Wayne-" Bruce said pointing to each of the in turn, when Bruce introduced Jason, Kagami's hand flew to her mouth, and tears started welling in her eyes. "J-jason Todd?" she asked, her voice quivering. Jason nodded confused, and Kagami grabbed her bag, it was something she had picked up from Marinette when they were dating. Long and Tikki were both in there, but so was the note, grabbing it she turned back to the boys, tears sliding down her face, she quickly wiped them off.

"I have a note for you." Jason tilted his head confused, and Kagami forced herself to say the next part. "f-from M-m-marinette." and with that she was full-on crying again. Taking a moment to collect herself, Kagami turned her attention back to Bruce.

"My apologies. Please continue." Bruce shook hi head and gestured to the note Kagami was still clutching. "Please explain." Kagami sighed.

"A few years back, I made my first friend my mother didn't approve of before we met. Her name was Marinette. She was my first love. She told me, if-if something happened to her, I had, I had to deliver the note to a Jason Todd. So, when she sacrificed herself for Paris, I took it upon me, to find him. During all my year with her, she only told me the best things about you Jason. She had a picture on her nightstand of the two of you 'Pixe-pop and Jay-jay' she loved to tell me about you, especially after Lie-la- I mean, she loved to tell me about you." She said, turning from Bruce to Jason mid-talking. She handed him the note and said,

"Even I don't know what it says, although I speculate it explains it." the batfam was shocked, and Jason looked liked he'd fall apart at any moment. He took the note and opened it.

Jay,

I have no doubt Kagami will find you, so I suppose I must write this huh? I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things, I shouldn't have, have, stormed out on you. You were, no. You ARE the best brother I ever could have wished for.

I love you, and I understand if you hate me, but give me a chance to explain why I can't be there to apologize myself?

Not to long ago I was made a hero, I didn't want to be a hero, but the fate of Paris rested in the hands of a unexperienced complete an utter idiot, so I had to step in. My hero name was Ladybug, and I protected Paris from Hawkmoth with my companion Chat Noir. Chat flirted with me, and eventually, he became violent, and I had to remove his memory of his time as a hero. I protected Paris by myself, but it was to much for me, an aspiring designer, a student, a class president, Lila turning my friends and family against me, taking my best friends, and that's only the tip of the iceberg, I had so many responsibilities, I couldn't do it by myself. So, I recruited Queen Bee and Ryko to help me.

Anyways, I'm running out of time. Hawkmoth purposed a deal, one that will likely end up with me dead, but it'll be for the good of Paris, for th good of the world, for you. For Kagami, for Chloe.

And so, with my love, I send this letter to find you.

I hope you can forgive me, I love you.

-Pixe-pop

Jason hadn't realized he'd been reading aloud until he heard the soft sob from Kagami. "Oh Mari." Kagami said shaking her head. Jason let out a choked-out sob. "Did-did she manage to save Paris?" Kagami nodded.

"Hawkmoth, he got what he wanted, and Mari, she prayed the price, she-she- gave her life, to help him revive his wife. A life for a life, that's the cost. The sad thing is, his wife died of a heart attack less than a year latter. She made him promise not to do that again though, so Paris is safe, but not much was gained from Marinette's death."