Chapter 25

Landon.

I'm sure that I looked like an idiot standing there and staring at the two little boys that so much resembled Sullivan. But I couldn't help it, I was stunned. How is it that I knew nothing about my brother? Was it such a mystery how he lived his life? Knowing father's temper, I can see why Sullivan kept his wife and children a secret, but still, how long did they need to stay hidden?

"Mom!" The boys shouted behind them. Even their little voices sounded a lot like how Sully sounded when we were children. I'm not sure how long I stood there looking dumbstruck, but then the door opened wider and on its threshold stood a young woman with bright red hair and emerald green eyes. Now I know why Sully chose this woman as his wife and the mother of his children. Sullivan had always been attracted to  Irish women- cause like everyone says Irish women have a lot of fire, which made a lot of sense because Sully had a temper likened to fire as well.

"Are you coming in or not? Well? Don't just stand there like a bump on a log, come in! After all, this home belongs to Byron, we're just visiting, so I don't have any reason to bard you from entering do I?" then she turned away quickly and re-entered the house.

I shook away the feeling of bewilderment and shrugged my shoulders and stepped inside.
   " Byron, you here?" I shouted. From the back of the house came his distant reply. I slipped off my boots and placed them neatly at the door (mother's habit of keeping the entranceway clean, had rubbed off of me,) And I chuckled to myself quietly. When I entered the kitchen and I saw both Lillian and Mollie standing by the stove talking and cooking at the same time, it felt more like a family home instead of a bachelor's house.

Saying nothing, I walked over to the boys and knelt to them, and looking at each of their faces, I studied them closely. I shed silent tears because now I was filled with relief, Sully wasn't completely gone from our lives, he lived from within his sons.