Chapter 21

Jonathan.

But our joyful moment was interrupted by a manacle laugh, I laughed so deep and so dark that it sent goosebumps up and down my arms which made me want to hold Angela closer to me.

When we located the sound of her laughter we saw Andrew Gilley leaning against one of the unstable support beams with a grin on his nasty face and a lit stick of dynamite slowly burning its way down its fuse.

"You thought you could gang up on my son and me again eh? Well, here is where you all see the end of your lives!"

He screamed as he stuck the dynamite into the beam and just as it went off, he threw himself in my direction, and in slow motion, I could see my downfall. But before I could meet my maker, a flash of red passed by me, and in my horror, I watched as Angela threw herself at Andrew Gilley which made him lose his balance, then all hell broke loose. The explosion went off and the ceiling collapsed on us, but most of the rubble landed not only on Andrew Gilley killing him upon impact but also on the love of my life.

I fell to my knees, 

"No!" I screamed as I frantically dug through the pile of smoldering dust and rubble, looking for any hints that Angela had survived the cave-in. 

Just as I lifted the last beam of wood off of her, I found her, lying there in a lifeless position. I was in shock, was my future wasted? Did I wait too long to profess my love for her? Even though I saw the blood from beneath her head finally stopped trickling out of her I still hesitated to see if she was alive.

But when I heard a small moan coming from her I sighed in relief, God has surrendered her back to me. In my absent-minded state of almost losing my love, I guess I forgot about the tied up another criminal of Luke Gilley. Because then I felt the loss of my rifle and the unmistakable sound of the hammer of the trigger being armed. As I held Angela's bruised body In my arms, I watched as he aimed the gun at us.

But just as he pulled the trigger, one of his men jumped in front of the bullet's path where it sunk itself into his chest. He groaned as all color left his face, 

"No!" 

Came an astonished voice from behind us, I looked up and saw Byron Paisley run towards the man that just got shot.

"You idiot, why did you step into the bullet path?" 

He shouted at him. 

     "What am I supposed to tell mother and father?

Sullivan smiled as blood came gushing out of his mouth, 

     "Tell them that I'm no longer a disappointment Byron, tell them that I died a hero."

 He said as he coughed up more blood and then exhaled for the last time and died.

Now there were two casualties, my Angela was injured and Byron Paisley lost brother. As for Luke Gilley, he was dead also, for just as he shot at us, Chase and Aaron pulled out their guns and shot him twice.