Chapter 11.

" Alright everyone, are you all ready to start betting on these delicious lunch box meals?" Reverend Thompson declared as he spoke from the Foghorn that Deputy Aaron Weiss gave him. The crowd was getting larger and larger. All came to make a bid. The women who made each one stood off to the side waiting to see if they bid on their entry. Town tradition stated that whoever was the highest bidder of the lunch that was currently being bid upon where the company that young woman on The Lunchbox date and the proceeds would go to a new activity Hall that the mare hopes to build before winter arrived.

Byron looked through the crowd of eager young women, trying to catch a glimpse of Lillian. She mentioned to him that she would be participating in the lunch box auction after they parted ways when they finish viewing Cameron's litter of puppies that Tommy was so excited to see.

Among the lines of women, we're not only Lillian but also Dr Colt and her sister Angela. Julia Weiss whom he met when Aaron introduced her to him last week stood off to the side with her mother Angel Steele who was assisting her to stand up and steady her because she was heavily pregnant. Chase told him that Julia's first husband passed away a few years ago and Aaron needing a mother for his newborn son proposed to her soon after. Aaron's first wife died in childbirth due to some complications.

So far their marriage has been blessed with many safe pregnancies and now his family consists of three boys and two little girls that look like their mother and she was now pregnant with their sixth child.

Now as Aaron was patrolling the grounds of the festivities Julia was also in the company of her brother Cameron as well. He felt his shoulder being nudged, and when he looked beside him he saw that it was Landon. But he noticed right away from his expression the something was bothering him. Like himself, Byron could easily see that once Landon got past Dr. Colt's prickly defences that he fell for her because, in Landon's last conversation, he mentioned that it was very rare to see and to work with a female physician with mutual respect.

"You didn't tell me that you were making a bid on the lunch box auction." Byron said as he slapped Landon on the shoulder Landon rubbed the back of his neck, "well, that was before I made the mistake of placing my foot in my mouth and making comment to doctor Colt."

"Oh? What did you say that got her so mad?"

"H...how, did you know that I made her mad?"

"Oh come on Lan, it's written all over your face! You know that as your BIG BROTHER, that I am always here if you want to talk." Byron teased. Byron could see that his interest in Landon's personal life was getting on his nerves as well as constantly reminding him that he was younger than him and was getting a little angry, but it was fun. He couldn't resist razzing him it was too easy.

Landon eyed his brother with suspicion, he knew that deep down, Byron cared for his well-being but he also knew about his annoyingly insane Habit to tease him mercilessly. "You are speaking too loud so shut your trap I am trying to hear the auctioneer and your assistant rambling it's distracting me."

"As you say little brother, as you say." He said laughing.