Chapter 22

Quinn.
I was reorganizing my supplies of medicine and bandages when there was a loud commotion coming from outside, and some were frantically screaming for a doctor, not only for myself but for my Apprentice Dr. Paisley. Knowing that I still had patients waiting for me, I didn't tell Landon that he was wanted right away, so instead, I instructed him to pay awareness to Mrs. Harris.
"Landon, there's a commotion coming from outside. I'm going to see what is going on, I will be right back, please make sure that you keep Mrs. Harris from becoming overly frantic with worry."

When I shut the door to my office and look towards the centre of town I gasped and quickly ran towards them. There were two stretchers, one was covered and the other was my kid sister. I ran towards them and demanded Jonathan to tell me what the hell happened. By the dejected look on his face, I knew that the news was grim.

When I saw the condition of Angela, tears immediately came to my eyes - it looked like she was severely hurt and I wanted so badly to ask more but I also knew that Jonathan was in no condition to answer my questions. Before I even made headway into determining how severely injured Angela was, Landon came running out of the clinic and made his way over to his brother's side and the covered body who was also the second victim.

Distraught shouting came from Landon and both he and Byron gripped each other and cried on each others shoulders. No doubt the other victim was someone they both knew and cared deeply for.
"Sis...?" Came the weakened moan from Angela's lips, I caressed her face and smiled sweetly at her. "Honey, what happened to turn you into this mess?"

She attempted to get up from the stretcher, but Jonathan gently stopped her from moving any further,

"come, love, lie still you're too injured to walk yet."

Right then I knew, that Jonathan. Was the right man to marry my sister and make her happy. Hopefully, once her injuries were healed we can throw her a wedding party that every girl dreams of because she deserves it.