Chapter 13.

"Did you really mean it when you bid only on my basket Jon? I was surprised that you did, though I am grateful. I am grateful that you outbid all the other men there, but may I ask you something, you didn't do it out of pity did you? Cause if you did I will be extremely angry and annoyed with you." 

Jonathan stared at her for the longest time, then without warning, he burst out laughing. At first, Angela was annoyed, she was completely confused about his reaction and it did hurt her deep down, didn't he know that his reaction was hurting her. To show him that she was hurt by his outburst, Angela allowed a few tears to fall freely down her face, then she laid her hand on his forearm.

When Jonathan felt her warm hand on his arm, Jonathan ceased laughing and gazed at her. He was shocked to see tears in her eyes and rolling down her face. He gathered her close and embraced her, surely she didn't think that he was laughing at her. When he realized that she did, Jon hugged her all the more.
      "Oh, my love. I wasn't laughing at you, you have to believe that, I was laughing at your assumption of why I bidded on your lunch box. I have strong feelings for you, please tell me that you believe me."

      "How could I? You haven't exactly made it public. All I noticed you doing is watching me, surely that's not how a man would act when they're attracted to someone." 

She said as she cried.

     "My Sweet, men are simple creatures. We don't think the way that you woman folk think. Just because I haven't spoken to you or have approached you, doesn't mean that I don't have strong feelings for you."

Angela gasped. 

     "Do you really mean that Jon?" 

Jonathan nodded slowly. He then gathered her all the more closely into his arms and embraced her, and in doing so, he inhaled her sent as he settled his face in the crook of her neck. "Will you make me a happy man by agreeing to court me. After all, I intend to marry you as well." Angela gasped, "Really?" Jon nodded.