Chapter 9.

Byron stopped by the General Store the next morning. Not only to see Lillian but also to take a closer look at the employment board. He had to admit that he didn't get a closer look last time because he was distracted by the beauty of Lillian and he was having a great time interacting with her son as well.
"Ah, I see that you're back again young man. Were you able to find some gainful employment?" Rosie said as she finished putting away her new shipments of material that arrived that very morning on the morning stage.

Byron smiled at her but shook his head in denial. "Unfortunately no. Have you heard of anyone who is requiring any assistance?" Rosie thought for a few moments, she was positive she heard Timothy mentioned something just this morning during breakfast.

"I do. My husband mentioned Chase Steele and his boss was looking for an extra helping hand in the livery. Mr. McNaughton had just purchased a herd of stallions and wishes them to be trained. Do you have any experience with horses? But I also heard that Garrett Ambler the proprietor of the Silver Garter was also looking for some part-time help. It seems like one of his bouncers, one of the Eden Brothers is getting married in a few months, so he wants Brayden to have some extra help until Brandon comes back from his honeymoon. Are you interested?"

"I know where the Silver Garter is, but do you know where I might locate Chase Steele right now?" Rosie took out her timepiece and glanced at the time and noticed that it was half-past 12, "he would be eating his lunch with my son at the cafe, you could approach him there. Byron felt confused, "shouldn't I approach his boss instead?"

"Normally you put would, but McNaughton put Chase in charge while he was out purchasing the herd. But between you and me, Chase runs the livery anyway. Ever since McNaughton injured his back a few years ago, he only runs the Livery in name and since he knows that Chase loves horses and has a knack for taking care of them he signed over his ownership of the Stables to him. Chase Steele maybe Young, but his knowledge of those creatures is way Beyond his years."

"You better hurry on over to the cafe before you miss him because once he is focused on work it is extremely difficult to get his attention again."

With that, Byron thanks Rosie and turned around and made his way to the cafe to meet his new boss, then later in the afternoon, he would head on over to the saloon for his second job.