Chapter 5.

Byron barged his way into the doctor's office. As soon as he did that the voices of all three people in the room ceased speaking, as they all stared at him. He was right in his earlier thinking that the loudest voice was coming from his brother Landon, and the other high pitch tone was apparently coming from another female other than the one that he thought entered the office earlier. This young lady was tall and beautiful but not as beautiful as the angel that he saw earlier. This one was a very tall woman with sandy red hair beautiful lush green eyes and very kissable lips he guessed he could say. Not that Byron wanted to kiss her mind you, he was just making an observation. What was strange about her was that she was dressed in a doctors jacket! Was it possible that this woman was his brother's new boss? What woman in their right mind would want to become a doctor and work in a profession that was clearly known to all that only men worked?

But then he knew that times were changing and not many women wanted to stay at home with the children, they wanted to have a job of their own. They wanted to feel more secure, they didn't want men to protect them all their lives right? Heck, some women were so capable that they could protect themselves. He admitted that they could protect themselves if given the proper instruction.

It was the voice of his brother that interrupted Byron thoughts. His brother was obviously annoyed that he barged his way into the office,
    "What are you doing here brother? Didn't I tell you on the train not to interfere in my business or my life?"
Byron held up his hands to his brother's direction and made a surrendering gesture as he did on the train when Landon lost his temper. But before he could speak the woman that was dressed in the doctor's robes blurted out before he did.

      "Excuse me, sir. But how could you even speak to him like that, he may be your brother but I will not tolerate bad attitudes especially here in my office."

So he was right. The young woman that stood in front him was indeed Landon's new boss, he wanted to laugh out loud so badly he knew that his brother would not or was not expecting to work under a woman.
Landon saw the smart smirk on his brother's face and it caused his temper to flare. He hated when he saw Byron grin like that!  It was as if he knew better than what Landon thought was right and it pissed him off. Again he wanted to punch Byron in the face but was stopped by the look he saw on the face of the other woman who came in earlier.
     "I hate to interrupt your arguing sir but can I please speak with my sister for a moment?"

Landon nodded to the younger woman and smiled. This one was different than his  boss, she sounded more gentle. And by the way that Landon saw how Byron was looking at her, he knew instantly that his older brother had become smitten with this young woman. He considered Maybe asking her out or asking if she would if she would allow him to court her just to annoy  his brother but he wasn't that conniving... not like Sullivan. That train of thought was more like his other brother, Sullivan and it made him feel sick that he even thought of that in the first place. As the young woman was speaking to his new boss Landon realize that this young woman had a soft and sweet voice something that would melt off the tip of your tongue like sugar. He wondered how old she would be. Was she the same age as him or was she maybe younger than him? She was definitely younger than Byron! Apparently while he was lost his thoughts he could see that the conversation between the two women was finished. He watched as they both embraced and the younger one kissed his boss on the cheek smiled at her and left the office.

His new boss then ignored him turned to his brother and inquired why he was in her office. She asked if he was either injured or didn't feel well if she could be of service to him.  Byron shook his head in a negative motion.
     "Pardon me for my intrusion Miss, but I was just concerned when I heard the loud voices coming from within here as I was passing by the building. Is there anything that I can do to assist you?"

Quinn looked at the other man and smiled he was definitely different than this other gentleman that stood before her. She was shocked to learn that they were brothers, she could see that both Landon and Byron were completely different, their demeanor was like night and day.

     "Well there's one thing you can do for me,"... she said. Could you escort your annoying brother out of this office before I completely lose all of my temper?" Quinn heard the insulted grunt from the man in front of her but shrugged her shoulders,  ignored him and turned away from him.
Byron then nodded and turned to his brother picked him up by the collar and dragged him out of the doctor's office against is obvious will.

"I am sorry that my brother bothered you miss?

"Oh that's right I should have introduced myself my name is Quinn Colt. Dr. Quinn Colt, to be more exact."
    "Well, then I am sorry that my brother bothered you Doctor Colt. I'll just escort him out of here before he and I both lose our tempers we wouldn't want to destroy your newly brand-new office would we."

He saw Dr. Colt nod, and thanked him  for removing his brother from her presence.