Chapter 12

Finally, there were only three lunch boxes left - a white one, a dark brown one and a light brown one. The first one up was the white one oh, it had a blue checkered pattern picking through the opening and the yellow ribbon tied to its handles.

Byron wasn't sure that the basket belongs to Lillian, so he refrained from bidding upon it. In the end, he was glad that he didn't bid on it because the basket belonged to Dr Colt and Landon was the winner. His brother could deny his attraction till the cows came home, but it was obvious that he was completely smitten with his new boss.

The next basket was presented with the light brown one. It had a red checkered pattern peeking out of the basket stop and a white ribbon tied to its handles. Again Byron was outbid, this one Belong to none other than Angela Colt, and from the blushing red colour on her face, she was pleased to see her Beau Bid and Won her lunch box.

The last basket and the final one to be bid on for the rest of the evening was the dark brown one which had a yellow checkered pattern peeking out of the top but what gave it away was a child's drawing of a lily on its side. Byron knew that this was the one that he had to bid upon. When the auctioneer raised his voice to start the bidding Byron made the first bid. Though he wasn't the only one who was trying to gain the attention of Lillian Carter. But no matter who they were Byron was determined to win her basket.

Though it was up to the woman on where they would share their meal, Byron was confident that Lillian would choose a location that would offer both privacy and security.

At the end of the night the amount of the bidding resulted in $150, just about enough to finish the construction of the mares activity Hall.