Chapter 14

It was a beautiful Monday morning and the early mist of this cool fall morning was just easing over the horizon and Angela woke up from her sleep already excited for the day. She breathed in a sigh of happiness and contentment.

Finally, Jonathan has admitted his feelings for her and vice versa; perhaps then, one day her wedding day will arrive and both Jonathan and herself will move to another town. Bannock is changing, it's becoming even more Lawless.

When she entered the kitchen she saw her father standing by the stove and pour himself a cup of coffee. "You're up early sweetie," Ramsey said as he headed back to the table with his mouth full cup of coffee and the morning newspaper.

"Morning Papa. I decided to get an early start today. John let me know that his mother will not be able to teach the schoolhouse this morning because she is a little under the weather and has asked me to fill in for her."

"That's good to hear honey, but there's something else you're not telling me pumpkin. Something special that is making you radiate a stunning blow in your face. Come on darling you can tell me."

Angela rushed into her father's arms and hugged him. Oh, Papa, I'm just so happy, I feel like I'm going to burst. Jonathan asked me if he could Court me, he said that he has always had strong feelings for me but didn't know how to express them. The best part though, Papa, said that he intends to marry me.

Ramsey hugged her back and smiled with tears glistening in his eyes. "It's about time that boy got around to admitting his feelings."

Angela pulled back, "wait, you knew?" Ramsey grinned at her then he pinched her cheeks just like we used to when she was a little girl. They both started laughing, "are you prepared for today's lesson?"

Angela nodded. "Yeah, I stayed up late last night because I wanted to make sure I was prepared and to continue from where Mrs. Dodds left off before she got sick."

"Papa, I got to get going. Are you working today and filling in for Aaron?"

Ramsey gazed at her in puzzlement, "why do I need to fill in for Aaron?"

Angela sighed heavily. I swear men are clueless sometimes. She said under her breath, "Julia went into labour last night, nearly scaring Aaron with how long it took. In the end, she gave birth to another baby girl they decided to call her Danica Maria Weiss. So after that long night, Julia and Aaron are exhausted so Aaron let John know that he will be taking the day off. Let me know if we hear any more news about Noelle."

Ramsey smiled, "will do darling!"

        " Hey, Lan! Did you happen to get any mail from our mother?  Byron asked as he joined Landon at the table where he was eating his lunch at Lottie's Cafe.  Landon finish swallowing and wiped away the crumbs of the delicious meat pie that were no doubt lingering on his face before he answered his brother.

Yeah,  I just picked it up this morning from the post office.  Though I haven't gotten around to reading it,  Quinn is running me rugged, which I'm pretty sure she's enjoying.

He was smiling.  Byron also swallowed his grin when he conjured up the face of doctor Colt.  How did The Lunchbox date go?  Were you able to break down any of her barriers?  Landon gave Byron a stern look,  Byron must I speak to you like I'm disciplining a young child? Stay out of my business.

Byron chuckled and cleared his throat.  So,  I wonder what mother wrote in the letter oh, you mind if I read it over?  Landon shrugged his shoulders, indicating that he didn't care if I did read it or not.  Then he continued eating the mashed potatoes that came with the dish.

Landon watched the expression on his brother's face and laughed silently when Byron sighed, no doubt mother was writing something that she had repeated over and over again throughout the years.

Then suddenly Byron shouted out loud crushed the letter into a tight ball and slammed it on the table. This sudden reaction cause Landon to partially choke on a spoonful of peas that he just finished swallowing.  After regaining his breath back, Landon asked Byron what was wrong. After receiving the silent treatment from him for a few minutes, Landon unfurled the crushed up and balled letter, smooth it out on the table and began reading it. He was not even halfway through the letter when he stumbled on the part that upset Byron.  

..." Your father wanted me to inform you that sense he nor myself has not received any letters since you arrived at your new home, that he is disappointed in both of you and that he will be sending Sullivan to check up on the two of you..."

" you don't think that he'll actually show up to you?" Byron shook his head, "I sure hope not, but knowing father's personality he is serious."

"DAMMIT!" Landon cursed under his breath. Slapping his brother on the shoulder, Byron cleared his throat, well oh, we better warn both of our women and their family is about Sullivan. Out of the three of us Brothers, he is the worst he's not like the both of us he is a man hore, so who knows what trouble he will attract when he arrives!"