Chapter 8

I woke up and for a minute, I thought I was dreaming. Poster filled walls and checkered bed sheets that smelt like Tide laundry detergent instead of cigarette smoke and sweat?

Dude what the fuck am I doing at my parents house!?

I slowly sat up and my head was killing me man! There was a half empty bottle of vodka lying next to me and my clothes were thrown all over the damn place. I flexed my hand and it fucking killed! my knuckles were all split open and bruised. The blood had all congealed into little scabs and they'd glued themselves to the bed sheets.

"Morning chicken legs"

I jumped as Athena stood in the doorway, arms crossed, leaning against the doorframe.

"God Damn it Athena!" I yelled as I covered up my manhood with a pillow.

"You were such a fucking mess last night dude. Mom and dad are suuuper pissed at you" she smirked as she sat down on my bed.

"What? Why? What did I do?" I asked as I frantically began trying to remember what I did last night.

"Well you crashed into my bike, you woke up the entire house by shouting at yourself, you decided to put a cigarette out in moms fern, you then trashed the entire front room, fell into all the photo frames in the hallway, threw up on the stairs, told dad to go fuck himself and then punched a hole in the wall" she said as she stood up and pointed to the hole I'd punched through the drywall.

"Shit..." I mumbled.

"Anyway! Mom told me to come wake you. She wants you downstairs ASAP" she said as she walked out the room, slamming the door behind her.

I looked at my hand as I tried to make sense of what I'd done and that's when everything came rushing back. I cringed as I remembered punching Nikki and the argument me and Vanessa had. I knew I had a lotttt of making up to do, I'd fucked up big time!

I picked my clothes up off the floor and started to get dressed but my shirt was covered in vomit. I went and grabbed a tank top from Athena's closet and as I made my way downstairs I looked at all the mayhem I'd created.

"Here, let me help you" I said as I took the broom off my mom.

She was sweeping up some smashed glass and I didn't want her to risk cutting herself because of my drunken rampage.

She handed me the broom and left the room to get a garbage bag.

We cleaned the house up and in complete silence. Anytime I was in trouble I'd always get the silent treatment and it drove me nuts!

"I'm sorry mom" I sighed as I walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter.

"What happened?" She asked, straight of the bat as she began making lunch.

I looked at her confused. I guess being a mom, she knew when something was wrong with her kids.

"I think I fucked things up with Vanessa... and I punched Nikki in the face" I sighed.

I explained the argument with me and Vanessa and the fight with Nikki but it was still pretty hazy.

"Thomas Lee Bass! Me and your father did not bring you up this way" she yelled as she slammed her hand on the counter, placing her other hand on her hip.

"I know" I sighed as I rubbed my temples.

"You'd be a fool to let that one go" she said, wagging her finger at me.

"You really like her, huh?" I said.

"I like the way she makes you light up. You get this...this sparkle in your eyes and you smile like I've never seen you smile before" she said.