Chapter 17

"I'll get another vodka please" I slurred as I struggled to keep myself up against the bar.

I can't believe I'm gonna be a dad. I loved Vanessa and everything, but I couldn't be a dad! Not yet... I mean, look at me! I can't even shave my beard properly without fucking it up.

"No more! You go home now!" The bartender said as he shooed me away.

I scoffed. "Fucking place blows anyway" I muttered as I stumbled around, finally finding the exit.

It was time to face the music. I knew I had to go back to the hotel and talk things through with Vanessa. I also knew that I needed to do a lot of making up. I couldn't believe I grabbed her like that, it was so fucking wrong.

I walked outside and saw a bunch of girls gawking at me and muttering amongst themselves.

"That's him!" I heard one of them say as they pointed.

Maybe they'd heard our music somehow!

"You want an autograph?" I smirked.

"Your girlfriend, red hair" she said as she put her hands out by her shoulders to describe Vanessa's hair length.

I cocked my eyebrow and walked over.

"She's looking for you. She has this car..." she said as she pointed to a car that was driving past.

Fuck! I needed to make it back, now! She was gonna have my balls on a plate! Especially if she'd hired a car and went out looking for me. I looked at my watch and I'd been gone a good 7 hours or so.

I sobered up a little and took off running.

One of the girls started shouting something but I couldn't hear. I ran as fast as I could back to the hotel and as I walked through the lobby everyone was in some kind of frenzy.

"Mr Lee! Mr Lee!" Some small, bald dude came running over and stopped me.

"Sorry dude, I gotta find my girl. I got some serious making up to do. Whatever it is, just charge it to the room" I smirked as I pushed past him.

"Miss Teresi... something has happened to her! An accident! Please, come with me" he said, he sounded scared.

I sobered up on the spot.

"Accident!? What the fuck do you mean there's been an accident" I yelled as I walked back over to him and grabbed him by his collar.

"We don't know all the details yet but it was involving the car she hired. We can't waste any time, we have to go to the hospital now" he said.

My heart sank and I started shaking. My brain literally couldn't process anything. I just knew I needed to see Vanessa. I needed to know she was alive and that she was okay.

***

I had no idea how I got to the hospital. I had no idea what floor I was on or what part of the hospital I was in. Everything was one huge blur. I zoned back into reality and I had the dude from the hotel on my right, and a police officer and a doctor in front of me.

"Mr Bass? Or is it Mr Lee?" The officer asked.

"Uhhh on record I'm Mr Bass, Lee is my stage name" I said as I wiped some tears away from my eyes.

"And Vanessa is Vanessa Teresi? Yes?" he asked and I nodded my head.

"Can you tell me anything about what happened tonight, Mr Bass? Where you were?" He asked.