Chapter 31

"What the fuck, Tommy!? She's fucking pregnant!" Nikki yelled as he slammed the door shut behind him.

My mind was racing. I couldn't believe what I'd just done. I was pacing around, running my fingers through my hair and tugging at it. Vanessa was my world, why the fuck would I do that!? I needed her to know I was sorry.

I started walking over to the door and grabbed my leather jacket from one of the coat hooks. "I-I need to go after her. I-I need to-"

Nikki put his hands on my shoulders and pushed me back, towards the sofa. "You're not going anywhere near her so you better sit your punk ass down, now!" He ordered.

I sat down on the sofa like a naughty school kid and Nikki walked into the kitchen and came back with a couple of beers for the two of us. I tossed that fucker back like it was water before Nikki even had chance to sit down in the chair opposite me. I was in complete shock and I was shaking.

"You've got some serious fucking explaining to do, dude" he said.

I knew he was pissed off at me. I was disgusted with myself. My mom and dad taught me so much better than that, I had no idea where it came from. I admit, shit had really been getting to me lately. All the nagging, the baby, the house, the tour that was just around the corner... Everything was changing at a pace that I couldn't quite keep up with, but that was no excuse for what I'd done.

I heard the door knock and I swear to God, I almost shit myself. I was completely convinced the cops were here and they were gonna lock me up, I deserved it after all.

Nikki walked over to the door and hesitated before he finally opened it. I let out the biggest sigh of relief when I saw Mick standing there.

"The hell is going on!? Vanessa almost ran me over with that god damn car" he said as he pushed past Nikki and walked in.

Nikki glanced over at me and arched his eyebrow before looking back at Mick. I knew I was gonna have to find my balls that had shrivelled up inside me, and tell him what had happened. It was only a matter of time before he found out considering he was practically Vanessa's family now that he was banging Michelle. She didn't wanna believe it because Mick was her buddy but we all knew what was going on.

I let out a sigh as I covered my face with my hands. I could feel my mouth dry up and my chest tighten. "I hit her" I muttered as I moved my hands towards my mouth and started biting at the skin around my nails.

The room went deadly silent. I looked up at Mick and with the glare he was giving me, I wish it was the cops that were at the door.

"You did what?" He asked. Mick was a cool guy, we'd had our differences but I'd never heard him talk in a tone like this. It was so aggressive but yet completely calm.

I didn't wanna go over this every single fucking time. It hurt me knowing I'd done something so disgusting and I felt embarrassed and ashamed. "I hit her, Mick! She slapped my hand out of the way and I don't know, I guess it was just an instant reaction but I slapped her across her face!" I said as I raised my voice at him.

"Tommy, I'm gonna give you a word of advice..." he growled.

I let out a deeper sigh and rolled my eyes. "Yeah? what's that?" I asked as I looked around for my cigarettes and a lighter.

"Run" he said as he rolled up his sleeves and charged at me. I'd never seen him move so fast.

I jumped up and I was about to run towards the door but Mick tackled me to the floor. We landed with a thud and as I let out a groan, Mick lifted me up by my shirt and socked me right in the jaw.