Chapter 28

I looked through the rear view mirror of the car that had picked us up and ran my fingers through the ends of my fresh, golden locks. I glanced to the left and saw Sharise shaking her head and rolling her eyes at me.

"What?" I groaned.

I'd been getting disapproving head shakes off Shelly, Sharise and Voula all day. They loved my new hair, it really suited me, but I guess they just wanted me to stay natural. Athena on the other hand, decided to support me and got some highlights put through her own hair.

"Your hair was so pretty!" She whined as she flashed her big, blue puppy dog eyes at me and picked up the ends of my hair, rubbing it between her finger and thumb as she mourned the loss of red.

"Oh Sharise, lighten up! It's just hair, it'll grow out eventually" I said as I flipped it over my shoulder.

I had no intentions of growing it out. I looked super hot and I felt like a new person.

She rolled her eyes as me and Athena rested our heads on her shoulder, trying to butter her up.

"Get off me you freaks!" She giggled sassily as she shooed us away.

We continued to laugh and joke the entire way there. I was trying to stop Sharise's mind going into overdrive, I could tell she was really nervous about telling Vince.

We pulled up outside and the driver opened the door for us. It took me a little while longer to get out considering I was still in a little bit of pain with my ribs and I had this little bump now, not to mention these huge platform heels Sharise forced me into wearing.

We walked in and there was a little waiting area with a bar where all the guys, except Tommy, were standing.

I noticed Nikki take a double take and then elbow Vince. I could see all their jaws drop one by one.

"Vanessa!?" Nikki shrieked.

"How's it going!?" I smiled as we walked over and started greeting everyone.

"Tommy's gonna freak, you know that right?" He whispered.

"In a good way, or a bad way?" I asked apprehensively.

"Good, definitely good" he smirked as he pulled away.

Tommy's POV:
I was soooo fucking nervous about tonight. I'd been drinking to try calm my nerves, but I wasn't wasted, dad and Mick both made sure of that.

I was walking out of the restroom, fighting with the zipper on my pants and balancing a cigarette in between my lips when I could hear shouting and giggling. I looked up and noticed the girls had finally made it. I started scanning the room for Vanessa but I couldn't see her.

... Sharise ...

... Mom ...

... Shelly ...

... Athena ...

...Who's the hot blonde talking to my dad!? Shit I can't let Vanessa catch me talking or thinking like that...

She turned around as I finished zipping up my pants and I had to do a double take...