chapter thirteen!

chapter thirteen! the debate

─── ✽ ───

"Paris, I'm not running through your notes with you again,"
Thea sighed, pushing the notecards back into Paris' hand, "We've already been through them like six times this hour."

"I'm sorry that I don't have an eidetic memory like you," Paris snapped, Thea shook her head knowing her best friend didn't mean to be so grouchy with her.

"Deep breaths, you're going to win just like always," Thea smiled watching as Paris tucked her notes into the pocket of her blazer.

"Just one more time, please," Paris begged, straightening out her uniform.

"Why don't you go test the acoustics?" Thea suggested, knowing it was one of the last things on Paris' pre-debate checklist that was still to be completed.
Paris nodded, giving her friend one last hug before rushing up onto the stage.

Thea walked over to her sister, who still looked completely and utterly rattled after her earlier conversation with Paris. Rory offered her sister a weak smile as she led Thea over to their mother.

"Hey, there you are. Where were you?"
Lorelai greeted, smiling at the twins who had made their way across the auditorium when they spotted Lorelai,
"I thought we were gonna meet by the vending machines for a little, uh, pre-debate non-dairy snack."

"Yeah, sorry, Paris wanted to do a soundcheck and she found some problems with the acoustics in the room," Rory explained, looking between her mother and Sookie.

"You don't get in the way of Paris and debates," Thea added, spinning around and watching Paris for a moment as she instructed people to move the seats, "It's her Superbowl, she doesn't take any prisoners."

"It's the layout on this row of seats that's causing a bass problem. We've got to move this whole row over a foot. Esta! Just move these people out," Paris demanded, pointing to each chair that was causing the problem, "Mueva esta gente, mueva, mueva!"

"Better find a seat before she moves them all," Rory suggested to her mother and Sookie.

"Have fun,"

"Thanks. I'm glad you came," Rory smiled at the two women.

"No, you're not!" Sookie joked, pointing at the Gilmore.

"What?"

"I'm just getting you in the mood," Sookie laughed, watching as Rory took off towards the stage.