chapter seven!

chapter seven! the birthday parties

───   ✽  ───

"What are you doing here?" Paris snapped at Rory,
storming over to the table alongside Thea, who was silently flipping through a Yale brochure she'd picked up a couple of tables ago.

"There's a college fair going on," Rory answered, gesturing around her.

"No, she means, what are you doing at the Harvard table?" Thea spat out, glancing up from her dark blue brochure.

"I'm getting a new brochure," Rory answered, lifting the glossy brochure in her hand.

"Why?"

"Because they're not selling pizza,"

"Oh, no," Paris stuttered out, realisation washing over her, "You can't,"

"You're applying to Harvard?"

"Yes,"

"No!"

"Ten generations of Gellers have gone to Harvard, I have to go to Harvard," Paris informed,  the desperation seeping through.

"I can't believe this," Rory mumbled, running a hand over her temple.

"You can go somewhere else, Go to Brandeis," Paris suggested, looking over at Thea for help.

"Brandeis is nice," Thea adds, grabbing herself a Harvard brochure from the table, "It's no Yale though."

"I've only ever wanted to go to Harvard. That's it. Nowhere else," Rory sighed, nervously shutting the brochure.

"It's a big school," Thea points out, slipping the Harvard brochure into her satchel,
"You'll probably never see each other."

"You think?"

"And if we do, we duck,"

"Ok, so," Paris pondered, pausing before the trio moved to separate, "Hey, are you dating Tristan?"

"What? No. No way,"

"Do you like him?"

"Not even a little,"

"Really?"

"Really,"

"Hey, Thea," Rory called, quickly panicking as her sister and Paris began to turn away from her,
"I-I'm sorry. I was just embarrassed about my grade, and school seems so easy for you. I - I didn't mean it, I was just so annoyed about how easy everything is for you. I'd love it if you came to my party tonight."