chapter three!

chapter three! the engagement

───   ✽  ───

"Ooh, spending the summer at Chilton. Happy, happy, joy, joy,"
Louise sarcastically smiled, as the four best friends stood at the noticeboard.

"If I don't improve my French grades, I can kiss Vassar goodbye," Madeline explained, trying to read the notices over Paris' head.

"You should've accepted my help," Thea mumbled, reading over the notice about a summer theatre programme.

"You need a study schedule. I've been telling you this since second grade," Paris grumbled, watching as Thea pulled out a pen and scribbled her name down for the theatre programme.

"Yes, which worries both of us. You got to Thea early," Louise fought back, as Thea scribbled her name down for a few more summer programmes.

"Maybe I won't go to college," Madeline pondered, glancing between her friends for approval.

"You have to go to college,"

"Princess Grace didn't go to college,"

"Thank you for the history lesson, A.J. Benza," Paris snapped, as she continued to scribble down more information on her notepaper.

"Take a pill,"

"Marry rich,"

Rory finally gathered up the confidence and walks up to the notice board, finally deciding she'd be waiting all day for the girls to leave as both her sister and Paris always had a thousand extra-curricular events going on at once.

"Hey,"

"Hey,"

"You doing the summer school thing too?" Madeline smiled, clutching the red strap of her satchel.

"Ug, yeah,"

"What classes are you taking?" Madeline asks, completely forgetting that the group weren't talking to the older Gilmore.

"Well, I uh..."

"Ahem,"

"What?"

"Uh, you're not talking to me," Rory explains, anxiously shifting in place as the rest of the friends glared at her.

"I'm not?" Madeline repeats confused, glancing over to Thea for an explanation.