chapter sixteen!

chapter sixteen! the study session

─── ✽ ───

"So, given that those are the reactions occurring in the two half-cells,
what do you do next?"
Rory glanced up from the textbook balanced in her lap while Paris paced between the twins.

"Well, if we add them together, doubling the coefficients of the silver half equation but not the voltage, we get the equation for the complete reaction,"
Paris answered, falling onto the sofa beside Rory.

"Well, you're in much better shape than you wanna think you are,"

"I tried telling her this," Thea spoke up, removing the pink highlighter from her textbook and pointing it over at Paris, "P, you're going to smash the test on Tuesday."

"Impossible," Paris grumbled, the doorbell cutting her off before she could continue, Rory shook her head lifting herself off the sofa, "Where are you going?"

"That's my food," Rory sighed, pointing at the door which continued to ring as Paris interrogated her.

"Another half-hour, please!" Paris pleaded, watching  Rory leave to answer the door.

"No, you got your hour. You need to go," Rory grumbled, wrapping her fingers around the door handle and pulling it open. 

"But-"

"Go!"

"Fine,"

"Delivery," Jess announced, Thea pulled herself to her feet at the familiar voice and made her way over to the door.

"Hi, Jess," Thea smiled, her smile widening when she spotted the massive pile of food, "That's a lot of food, it smells so good."

"What are you doing here?" Rory asked, ignoring the small interaction that had taken place between her sister and Jess.

"Well, Luke figured since you're alone tonight that maybe you wouldn't have any food in the house, so he sent over a care package," Jess explained, lifting Luke's dinner bags in his hands.

"I don't need a care package. I ordered food from Sandeep's," Rory dismissed, hoping to get rid of the boy, sick of all the unwanted guests she'd received that night.

"Really? Planning on burning down the house afterwards?" Jess deadpanned, unaware that Lorelai had made the comment just a few hours prior.

"Jess," Rory warned.

"The only way to kill the smell," Jess stepping into the house, and lifting the food bags, "Where should I put this?"