chapter fourteen!

chapter fourteen! the return of christopher

─── ✽ ───

"Hi, Dad! You came,"
 Rory smiled, as Christopher pulled both girls into a tight hug. Christopher hadn't been around much since Thea and Rory's debutante ball. He'd still managed his bi-weekly phone calls with his youngest daughter but hadn't managed to find much time to drive down to Hartford as of late.

"Of course I did,"

"Sorry, I'm still getting used to it. I'm glad," Rory apologised, unwrapping herself from Christopher's arms. Unlike Thea, Chris hadn't always been very present at Rory's events whereas he was always present at Thea's shows and competitions.

"I've missed you," Thea smiled, following her sister's lead and stepping back from their father.

"Honey, um, look who Dad brought," Lorelai spoke up, gesturing to the dirty blonde that stood beside Christopher.

"This is Sherry. Sherry, this is Rory," Christopher introduced, pointing at Rory and then Thea, "And of course you know Thea."

"Thea, it's lovely to see you again," Sherry smiled, gently placing her hand on Christopher's shoulder,
"Oh, Rory, finally, finally, finally. I am so beyond thrilled, I can't tell you. All he does is talk about you. I couldn't wait to meet this amazing person."

"Well, she lives up to the hype, let me tell ya," Lorelai smiled, an anxious laugh falling from her red-painted lips.

"Is my face turning red?" Rory asked, a light blush crossing her cheeks.

"Oh, yeah, beet red," Thea laughed, she had been exactly the same when she'd met the woman just before Christmas when Sherry had spent hours complementing her and repeating everything Christopher had told her about his youngest daughter.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I put you on the spot. I've just been really looking forward to this," Sherry apologised.

"No, no, it's okay," Rory dismissed, with a soft smile.

"Um, will you excuse us for a minute?" Lorelai requested, pulling Rory back, "Rory just wanted to show me something around the corner here and we'll be right back."

"So Rory was great, huh?" 

"Brilliant," Sookie smiled, "So, who said I was after Alan Ducass?"

"It's really just more of an impression than something I probably actually heard," Christopher panicked as Sookie began to interrogate him.