chapter eleven!

chapter eleven! the pamper night

───   ✽  ───

"What's the queue for?"
Thea questioned, falling into place with Alec in the crowded corridor.
Alec smiled glancing down at the short girl beside him, who looked picture perfect as she always did. Her Chilton uniform freshly pressed, each curl on her head perfectly placed and the soft smell of berries overcoming his senses.

"The formal," Alec answered, a knowing smile crossing his features.
It was well known that Thea and Paris shared everything, so Thea definitely knew what the queue was for since Paris was the one selling the tickets.

"The one this weekend?" Thea looked up, passing Alec her textbooks as she swung around her backpack and rearranged the contents.

Alec shook his head, knowing that Thea had been hoping he'd ask her, "I was hoping there would be two tickets left."

"Oh, really?" Thea nodded, a light blush coating her cheeks as Alec passed her the thick algebra textbook and then her physics one after it to slot into her bag, "Two tickets for who?"

"Me and you, only if you want to be my date of course," Alec smiled down at her, his smile widening at Thea's own smile.

"I'd like that," Thea smiled, as the pair moved forward reaching the front of the queue. Paris sat behind a pop-up table, stacks of tickets in front of her, a small smile forming as she spotted her best friend.

"Two tickets, please," Alec asked, stretching out the money.

"You two going together?" Paris questioned, exchanging the money Alec had handed over for a couple of tickets, "As a couple?"

"Yeah," Alec nodded, slipping the two professionally made tickets into the internal pocket of his navy blazer, leaving Thea struggling to find the words. Thea and Alec had attended past dances together, but only ever as friends.

"At least one of us found a date," Paris grumbled to her best friend, who offered her a sympathetic smile.

"We'll find you someone, P, maybe college will be your time for dating" Thea smiled before she and Alec moved away from the line, "I love her, but she might die alone, with a cat."

"Definitely,"

• • • • • • •

"Louise! Louise!"
Thea cried over the loud music that played through the hot pink stereo, her petite fists banging against the door of Louise's en-suite.

Thea, Louise and Madeline were all scattered around the blonde's bedroom and her en-suite as they got prepared for the night's Chilton formal. It was tradition for the group of girls to get ready for any dances together, apart from this time Paris hadn't joined them for some unknown reason. They always started the preparations early afternoon with face and hair masks, pampering themselves before they got ready.

"Come on Louise!" Thea groaned again, leaning against the wall beside the en-suite door a pale blue pyjama short set covering her body.

"I'm not ready!" the blonde snapped back, the sound of a hairbrush hitting the sink echoing through the door.

"We have about ten minutes until we have to leave," Thea argued back, crossing over to where Madeline sat in front of a mirror struggling to pin back strands of her dark curls.

"Ten minutes?" Madeline repeated, looking up at Thea in shock, who nodded before moving behind the girl and finishing up the girl's hair in a quick couple of seconds.

"Ten minutes," Thea nodded, dropping the unused pins onto Louise's vanity, "So if Louise doesn't hurry up I'll be going to the dance in my pyjamas."

The door to the en-suite snapped open, Louise stood in the doorway her heels clutched in her hand as she glared across the room, "Happy?"

"Ecstatic," Thea grumbled, rushing into the en-suite, where Thea's perfectly selected dress hung.

Thea smiled upon seeing the dress and lifted it down from the hook. The cotton pyjamas were quickly replaced with the dark blue dress.

The dress had been picked out by Thea and Emily, and the grandmother and granddaughter duo had dedicated an entire weekend to locating the perfect dress. The dress they had deemed perfect was a soft silky dark blue one, that hugged Thea's chest before it softened and fell closely around her body.

Thea grabbed her pyjamas that she had discarded on the floor as she'd quickly pulled on her formal dress. The pyjamas remained crumpled in her hand as she stepped out of the en-suite, Louise and Madeline smiling as they saw Thea.

"You look so pretty," Madeline smiled over at the brunette.

"Thanks, Madeline," Thea smiled back, moving over to where her backpack lay pulling out her shoes and her polaroid camera.

The girls quickly applied the finishing touches to their looks and then gathered around Louise's large full-length mirror. Louise smiled turning to her friends, "We're so hot."

Thea nodded, lifting up her camera the three girls turning and smiling up at the lense,
"That we are."