chapter six!

chapter six! the rehearsal

─── ✽ ───

"Haven't seen you around much, Gilmore,"
Alec leaned up against the closed lockers beside Thea,
a smile across his face as he looked down at the brunette. Thea continued replacing her textbooks, a smile edging its way onto her face. This had been the first time the two had seen each other since the kiss at the Gilmore house.

"Maybe I've been avoiding you," Thea joked, pushing her locker door closed, Alec held out his arms allowing Thea to put her books in them while she sorted her bag.

"I can't see why," Alec smiled, passing Thea the textbooks one by one, "I was hoping we would get paired together for the Shakespeare project."

"Hoping I'd be the Friar?" Thea smirked, pushing the last of her textbooks into her bag. 

"I was hoping that you could be my Juliet,"
the Harrington admitted, brushing one of Thea's stray curls out of her eyes. 

The two were frozen in place entirely entranced by the other. Alec glanced down at the girl's lips it was taken everything in him not to kiss her. Thea lifted her eyes with a soft smile, causing Alec's knees to weaken,
"I'll think about it,"

• • • • • • •

"So, I say we meet in the cafeteria. the acoustics are very similar to the Grand Hall, and..."
Paris trailed off, getting distracted by Rory's late arrival at their group meeting, "Oh, well look who showed up."

"Sorry," Rory nervously apologised.

"Save it,"

"Well, well, well. Look who's back from suspension," Thea smiled, nodding her head over to Tristin Durgrey, who was standing joking with Alec and his two new friends. 

"Tristin got suspended again?" Rory asked, looking between the members of her group.

"Oh, like you hadn't noticed he'd been gone?" Paris spat, her eyes burning a hole into Rory. Paris still had yet to forgive or move past the incidents of the previous term.

"What did he do?" Rory asked.

"Took apart Mr McCaffey's car and put it back together in the science building hallway," Thea explained, reading over the notes that Paris had added to the margins of the act they'd been assigned.

"You're kidding,"

"Yeah, well he didn't do it by himself. Duncan and Bowman were there too," Louise added, her eyes focused on the four boys at the end of the corridor.