chapter eighteen!

chapter eighteen! the first aid kit

───   ✽  ───

"I really appreciate you doing this, Grandpa,"
Thea smiled, leading her grandfather down one of the corridors of Chilton, towards the classroom the group had agreed upon to meet in.

"Oh, well, of course," Richard reluctantly smiled, Emily had initially guilted him into accepting his granddaughters' proposal. 

"I mean, we know you weren't really thrilled with the idea," Rory spoke up from the other side of Richard.

"No, no, no, no, that's not true," Richard dismissed, shaking his head at his granddaughters.

"But we told everybody to have their idea pitches prepared so that we can get you in and out of there as quickly as possible," Rory explained.

"Thea, Rory, this is an assignment. We will give it the time that it requires," Richard gently scolds.

"Okay," the twins spoke in unison.

"However, efficient is always best,"

"I totally understand," Rory nodded, pushing open the classroom door.

"Hey," Thea greeted, standing beside the group, "Everyone, this is my grandfather, Richard Gilmore. This is Louise, Madeline, Paris, who you know, and then there's Brad and Chip."

"Nice to meet you all,"

"So, do you wanna say a few words before we start?" Rory offered, stopping beside her sister.

"Uh, oh, no, no, no. I'm here to advise. I'll uh... I'll sit back here and observe and advise, uh, if necessary," Richard dismissed, pulling one of the chairs back away from the group.

"Okay. So I guess we can start with the idea pitches," Rory decided, as she and Thea lowered themselves onto their self-assigned desks, "Who wants to go first?"

"I will," Louise offered, pushing herself up from the table.

"Okay, Louise has the floor,"

"I couldn't find my new lip gloss this morning. I had just bought it and it's the perfect shade of pink. Plus, it has this major shine with minor stickiness, meaning no fear of your hair attaching itself to your face when the wind kicks up," Louise began to explain, Thea sighed knowing this idea wouldn't get very far with her grandfather.

"A coup,"

"I know. So, of course, fifteen minutes later, tardy and glossless. I left the house and I had to rely on Madeline for my source of lip colour for the day. Not an ideal solution," Louise grumbled, shuddering as she remembered the colour of the lipgloss.