chapter fifteen!

chapter fifteen! the one without the dinner

─── ✽ ───

"In general, the lab reports weren't bad - but they weren't great either, which leads me to question whether everyone has the grasp of electrochemistry I prefer before we move on. To that end, I will be giving another test on Tuesday covering chapters fourteen through eighteen in your textbooks, as well as the material from the lab.
Now please proceed with the assignment we all started yesterday, as that too will be included on the test,"

"Thea?" Paris asked, turning to her best friend, who hummed as she continued scribbling down bits for her assignment, "Can you study with me tonight?"

"I have rehearsals until six," Thea answered, pulling her notebook and textbook into a neat pile, "But I will after, I'll come straight after I finish."

"Madeline?" Paris asked, leaning over the small aisle to ask the dark-haired girl.

"What?"

"What are you guys doing tonight?" Paris asked, hopefully looking at the two.

"It's Friday night," Madeline simply dismissed.

"So you've got dates," Paris concluded, dropping her latest paper onto the desk, "I was kind of hoping you could study with me,"

"On a Friday night?" Madeline asked in confusion.

"Yes,"

"But we've got dates," Madeline repeated, scrunching her eyebrows in confusion.

"What is she saying?" Louise asked, pulling the raven-haired girl back to her.

"She wants us to study with her," Madeline answered.

"On a Friday night?"

"Yeah,"

"But we've got dates," Louise protested, raising her perfectly manicured eyebrows.

"I know you have dates, I was hoping maybe you'd cancel them," Paris nervously admitted.

"To study,"

"Yes,"

"On a Friday night?"

"What'd you say?"

"She wants us to cancel our dates to study," Madeline repeated to Louise.

"On  a Friday night?"