chapter nineteen!

chapter nineteen! the business school graduation

───   ✽  ───

"I'll get it, Beatrice,"
Emily called out,
rising from her seat at the dinning table and moving across the large house.

"Wow," Rory smiled as Emily guided her into the dining room, taking in the lavishly set table that her twin stood beside.

"It's an English tea service. One advantage of having an English maid. That, and the fact that she speaks English," Emily smiled, glancing over the immaculately set tea table.

"You didn't have to do this," Rory mumbled, dropping her bag onto the floor beside her chair.

"But it's tea time and I wanted to..." Emily trailed off, spotting a mistake on the neatly set table, "Oh no! Beatrice, I told you to doily line the plates!"

"You don't have to doily line the plates," Rory pleaded.

"It's doily city here now," Thea grumbled, ever since her grandmother had hired this maid it seemed as if everything had been doily lined, "She doily lined with my lunch."

"Hello?" Richard called from another room, his voice echoing through the room.

"We're in the dining room," Thea called out, brushing her loose hair out of her eyes.

"Oh, oh, Rory, you're already here," Richard smiled, as he stepped into the dining room.

"You're out of breath," Rory noted, pulling Richard into a hug.

"I ran over from the office," Richard explained, unwrapping his arms from around Rory and pulling Thea into a hug.

"Oh, you didn't have to run,"

"Well, your grandmother said you had something to discuss with us. That certainly justifies a run," Richard smiled, stepping closer to the table.

"All right, everybody, sit, sit," Emily commanded, gently waving her hands, "Pour the tea, Beatrice."

"Um, actually, Beatrice, could you hold off on pouring the tea for just a minute? Thank you very much," Rory requested, Beatrice, nodded at the girl's request,
"Grandma, Grandpa, Thea, I would like to propose an idea to you. Now, you can go for it or not, it's entirely up to you, but I would like for you to promise me that you will not get upset."

"We won't get upset," Emily promised, shaking her head as Thea helped herself to a scone and jam.

"And that you will try to keep an open mind," Rory continued her request.