Surgery Scars T.H.

Ok so this one is about surgery scars that I have and it makes me really insecure (They were from heart surgery)

 Y/N has scars from when she got heart surgery when she was younger. There's a scar down the middle of her chest, between her boobs (weird I know) and a couple underneath. She and Tom went swimming and he sees her scars and asks about them. 

Y/N's POV:

My hands reluctantly reach for a swimsuit with a low cut neck. Should I wear something that shows these scars? I grab it and try it on before deciding that the scars weren't very noticeable.

On top of the bikini I wore a white casual dress that I'd take off if I do decide to go into the water. This way, no one would ever notice the scars unless I wanted to go swimming. 

"Baby? Are you ready to go?" Tom called from the kitchen. 

"Yeah I'm coming!" I answer back, grab my phone, check my reflection in the mirror and dash out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen. 

When I came into sight for Tom, his face lit up and a smile found it's way to his lips. "You look beautiful." He commented, his hands finding their way to my waist, holding me against his chest. He was only wearing a thin shirt and a pair of swimming trunks and yet he still looked amazing, as always. 

"You don't look too bad yourself." I smile as he plants kisses all over my face. "Come on, we have to go!" I say and grab his hand, guiding him to the door. 

The drive to the beach was mostly uneventful. We had the radio on and we sang to all our favorite songs that seem to be coming on one after another. We finally got to the beach. It wasn't too crowded, perfect for the warm day. 

The blue water looked so inviting and I was tempted to run into it, but I hold myself back. "Let's find a place to put this stuff down and then we'll go swimming, yeah?" I nod. We found a spot close to the water and set down a blanket as well as an umbrella. I sat down in one of the chairs we'd brought and pulled out a book from my bag. 

"You came all the way to the beach just to read?" Tom asked, clearly shocked that I had brought a book. 

"It's Harry Potter!" I protest. 

Tom laughs. "Alright. You better join me a bit later though! I'll make you!" He walked over to the water as I wondered what he'd do there alone. A small part of me felt guilty for making him go alone, but I just didn't know what he'd think of my scars that I knew were visible. Would he think that I was a freak? That I needed a procedure to be fixed so I could live longer and healthier?

I watched Tom swim around in the water for a bit before I looked back down at my book. Only a little while later, I felt a soft hand on mine. "Can you please come join me? I'm getting bored." He gave me his cute puppy eyes and I tried so hard to not look him in the eye. "Baby, there's something wrong. I can tell. Please tell me. I'm getting worried. You were so excited to come here babe. What's wrong?" He squatted down next to me and gently turned my face so I was looking at him. 

"Oh it's nothing...it's just that I can't swim on my period, can I?" Tom rolled his eyes. 

"That's a lame excuse. If you were on your period, you wouldn't be wearing white!" 

Tom knows me too well. "I uh...can we get ice cream?" I ask, hoping that I would convince him to drop the topic. 

"I'll get you some later. First of all, we're going to go swimming." Tom's stubbornness might be the end of me. His hands gently pulled the thin dress cover up off of me, forcing it about my head. "Can you please tell me what's wrong?" He whispered and I gave in. I couldn't keep this secret for too long. 

"I have surgery scars..." I say softly and Tom's gaze went to the scars around my chest. He immediately understood why I didn't want to take off the cover up dress. 

"Baby...they're beautiful. And I don't want you to do something that makes you uncomfortable. You should have just told me love." Tom shakes his head at me and smiles a bit. His lips press against my forehead lovingly and he whispered "let's get some ice cream love." Before offering me his hand and helping me up and giving me back the dress I was wearing before. 

He gathers the blanket we had brought as well as the chairs and umbrella and started carrying everything to the car. "Tom! Let me carry something!" I exclaim and grab a chair from his arms. 

I sat down in the car after placing everything in the trunk carefully. His hand softly squeezed my thigh. "I'm really sorry for making you uncomfortable. I had no idea." He trailed off and I reach out to grab his hand, leaving one so he could properly steer the car. 

"It's okay Tom. Really. I should have told you anyways." Tom stopped the car by a small and cute looking ice cream shop. 

He leaned in and pressed a soft, gentle kiss against my lips. "I love you, okay? And nothing is going to change that. Not even your surgery scars. Actually, I think I might love you even more. You're so strong and brave to recover from a surgery. They seem so scary, you know?" I smile at his sweet little rant. 

"I love you too." I say softly before pecking his lips. Tom and I walk into the ice cream parlor, happy that I had found someone who truly loves me. 

Hey! I haven't updated in sooooo long I'm so sorry for that. School is a pain in the ass. But I hope you liked this imagine :)