grateful girlfriend T.H.

ok so in this one, tom's girlfriend (y/n) comes from a family with a lower income and it is hard for her to pay for college and is struggling and tom helps her out and is always helping her with things that are harder for her to afford

*this one is kinda long*

y/n's pov:

tom, my boyfriend is such a sweetheart. he notices the little things, like how i couldn't afford to pay the rent for my apartment and also pay my semester fees for school. he asked me to move in with him so i wouldn't have to worry about making enough money from my crappy job to pay for everything and could focus on studying more. even before that, he saw my computer was slow, old, and glitchy, not a great thing that would help with studying. i never even complained about it and one day, there was a wrapped box on my desk, which when i peeled away the wrapping, it revealed a new mac. 

for me, all this was very expensive, but to tom, it was just something an average income family could afford. 

tom's pov:

i had always tried to take the stress off of y/n since she's always overworking herself and stressing out about how she's going to pay for everything, and she always seems grateful. but i had come across a video on facebook that made me want to try doing it too. 

there was a rich guy who bought his girlfriend two cars, showing her the older, more beat up car first to see if she was with him for his money or his love. later on, he had showed her the new car he'd bought for her and saw how happy she was. i wanted to see that look on y/n's face too.

of course, i didn't doubt y/n. i just wanted to see the happy look on her face from seeing the shiny new car i wanted to buy for her. only, i thought that this would make her so happy.

y/n's pov:

one day, i came home from work, showered, changed, and plopped down onto the couch and was about to turn on the tv when tom sat down next to me, placed a kiss to my cheek and grabbed the remote before i could turn anything on. "hey!" i complain, trying to grab it from his hand.

tom smiled. "love, i have something to show you."

i raise an eyebrow, confused. "what?" 

"come on, i'll show you!" he stood and offered me his outstretched hand. i take it and he guides me to the door before stopping and covering my eyes with his hands gently. "keep going babe. i'll make sure you don't trip on anything." 

"o-okay..." i still didn't really understand what tom wanted to show me, but i went with it. we walked outside and he made me turn in the direction of our driveway. i was still confused, but when tom pulled his hands away from my eyes, i was looking straight at an old, black toyota camry. instantly, my heart swelled with happiness, yet i was full of confusion too. "wait...what?" 

"this is for you love. i know you don't have a car and it's hard for you to get to classes on time because you have to walk. i also don't want you to walk in the rain or cold. i don't want you to get sick." i realize the meaning behind this gift and i smiled happily. it doesn't matter that it was old or beaten up. he still thought of me before buying it. 

"thank you! i-i can't tell you how happy this makes me, tom." tears from gratitude well up in my eyes. i really do have an amazing boyfriend. he always tries to think of something that would make life easier for me since i didn't have such a stable career as him. but money wasn't the reason i loved him. i love him because he's so caring, always making sure to put my happiness before his. 

tom smiled at me and leaned down to kiss me. "one more surprise love." he whispered before opening the garage. he led me inside to reveal a shiny white audi 4a. (i had to research on the model names cuz i have no idea)   

i turn to look at him. "this is actually the car i got for you. i can't have my girl driving that old one, right?" the tears in my eyes started to fall. 

"tom...i-this is for me? this is so expensive and i- " he cut me off with a loving kiss to my lips. 

"only the best for my love." he murmured softly, pressing a kiss to my hair, holding me to his chest. i couldn't stop my tears anymore. "do you like it?" he asked. 

"tom, you didn't have to...i would have been happy with the toyota. this is not at all what i was expecting. how, how much was this?" i look up at tom.

he used his thumb to wipe away my happy tears and smiled. "don't worry about the price. i need you to stop worrying about money sometimes. it stresses you out too much. ever since you started looking into buying a car, you were so stressed. please don't be. quit that crappy job, they aren't paying you enough. i can help you find one with a more stable schedule so you don't stress yourself out too much." his forehead rested against mine as he gently scolded me for working too hard. "i hope you like the color. i thought this one looked the coolest."

i nod happily and tom smiled. i stand on my toes to once again connect our lips. "thank you." i whisper after pulling away. 

"of course, anything to see you smile love." with that sentence, my smile got impossibly bigger. whenever i get stressed out or worked up, tom always knew how to make me feel better, and not just with grand gestures like this, but little things like brushing and straightening my hair for me, making sure my laptop is charged, running a warm bath, even just making dinner. "wanna go for a spin?" he asked, opening the driver side door for me. 

i smile and nod, sitting down behind the wheel. once tom sat down on the other side, he happily handed me the keys. 

after driving around for half an hour, we came back and went inside. "this all feels like some kind of dream to me." 

"what, the car?" 

"well yeah, but you too. growing up, i never thought i'd have a boyfriend. i definitely didn't think i'd have someone as amazing as you." 

tom walked over to me, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me softly. "oh baby, the lucky one is me. i got someone as perfect as you."

i smile, shaking my head. "i love you." i say, which makes tom grin.

"i love you too."