What Happened? dad!tom

I'm baaaaaack! <3

Tom's POV:

Light from the early morning sunrise filtered into the light gray colored room where my wife and I were sleeping. Well, I was awake now obviously, but Y/N was still asleep. 

I close my eyes, trying to go back to sleep, but couldn't due to the bright sunlight that the blinds couldn't block. We should really get those light-blocking curtains. 

I place a kiss to Y/N's head before getting up, stretching, and then trying to close the blinds so less light would come in, letting my wife sleep longer. She needed it. She's pregnant with our 2nd child, and by experience, she'd be really damn grumpy if she didn't sleep enough. 

My legs carry me to the kitchen to grab some water and then start to make breakfast. I wander around, trying to find everything to make chocolate chip pancakes, a favorite of both my daughter and wife. 

I went to grab the eggs, but forgot the milk, so I place the eggs down on the counter carefully and then went back to grab milk. Huh? Did I leave the fridge open? Whatever. I probably did. 

I grasp the milk carton before going to close the fridge, but it stopped about 3/4 the way closed. "What the hell?" I mutter as I open it and then close it again. I tried about 3-4 times before looking down, only to see a head of chocolate colored curls. "Shivani?" (I chose an indian name for the daughter cuz i am indian but change it if u want) 

She started to cry. "Shit. No no no no...shhh daddy's sorry...oh baby." I pick her up gently before closing the fridge, making sure there's no other obstacle in between. My hand carefully examines her head where the fridge door closed on her. Nothing wrong...that's good. "I'm so sorry Shivi. Shhh lovie, it's okay." I stroke her hair softly, hoping the crying toddler in my arms would calm down. The worst thing that could happen would be her waking Y/N up. 

I place her on the counter, careful to make sure no knives or other sharp objects were in her reach. "Lovie, what were you doing here, huh?" I ask gently. I didn't want to make it seem like I was scolding her. "The kitchen is a dangerous place to be in alone." 

"I was hungwy." She said sadly. "And you were already in here daddy."

"You should have asked me to get you something, sweetie." I say, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Do you want to help me make breakfast for mummy?" She smiled and nodded happily. 

In the craziness of measuring ingredients, mixing, and pouring batter onto the pan, I forgot to keep track of what Shivani was doing. "Daddy?" She looked up at me innocently. 

"Yes sweetheart?" I ask, then went back to flipping a pancake. Suddenly, white powder was thrown onto my face. Flour. 

"Hey!" I exclaim. "Oh it's on!" She giggled as I ran for the butter, grabbing some and smearing it on her face. I remind myself to be gentle since she's only 3. 

"Heyyyy! Daaad mummy just washed my hair yesterdayyy!" She whined. I laughed. 

Before the food fight got too intense, I turned the stove off and the pancakes were perfectly cooked. I was about to plate them nicely, but Shivani got me by surprise, throwing an egg at my back. I gasp. "Oh Shivani, you are so dead, love." She laughed and ran off, making me run after her. 

My arms grasp her and lift her up. "I got you!" I exclaim while leaving a kiss to her (now messy with flour and butter) hair. 

"Okayyy okay!" She laughed. 

"Oh. My. Goodness. What happened in here?" The voice of my wife came from behind me. I panic and turn around to see Y/N with her arms crossed over her chest. "Tom. Explain. Now." She said sternly. 

"Oh um-- I uh...Shivi and I were just fooling around." 

"Oh yeah? Well who's going to clean up this mess huh? It's always me! I'm the one who has to do everything! Take care of Shivani, clean, carry another baby!" She gestured to her growing baby bump. "I have to cook and take care of the mess you make! And on top of that Thomas, you are never home! Do you know how hard that is?"

Shivani looked at me. "Daddy...mummy's really mad." 

I nod. "Yeah she is." 

Her bottom lip starts to quiver slightly. "I made mummy mad, didn't I?" 

Y/N hears this and comes over to take her out of my arms. "No baby. You didn't make me mad. Sometimes mummy gets a little frustrated, that's all. I promise, sweetie." She pressed a kiss to her forehead before turning back to me. "Why don't you two get cleaned up. I'll handle this." 

"What! No, love. Don't. You need rest. Come here." I guide her to the dining table, grab the pancakes I had made for her (that were thankfully still warm) and placed the plate in front of her. "Eat. You have to eat love. You're not only feeding yourself now. You're feeding a baby too. You need it." I whisper, rubbing her back. "I'm sorry about the mess we made. We'll clean it up after we both shower. And don't worry. I'll handle everything. I'll try to stay home more." She smiles at me before I scooped up Shivani and went to get cleaned up. 

-----------time skip brought to you byyyy Harry and his milky tea-----------

Y/N's POV:

Later, the two of them came out of the bathroom, it took them a solid hour and half to clean the kitchen. And then, they made breakfast for themselves. 

Tom sat down next to me with Shivani in his lap. He pressed a kiss to my cheek and smiled at me. I laugh. "What's up sweetie?" 

"Nothing. I just love you guys so much." He leaned in to press a kiss to my lips. 

"Ewww daaad!" Tom and I burst into laughter at our daughter's little comment. I couldn't have asked for more than this perfect family I have right here. 

Heyyyy it's been a while hasn't it? <33 I just wanna say thanks for reading this book. 

love, author