02

Chapter 2 | Loose Canon

Rubbing his hands on his pants, the Fox Hybrid calmed himself before knocking on the hospital room. He knew that there were two people inside, a Bunny Hybrid and a Human. As soon as he knocked on the door, he could no longer hear noises from the other side of the door.

"Come in!" A voice called out after a few moments of silence.

The Fox Hybrid slowly opened the door and poked his head into the room. He didn't want to scare off the two young women inside. Being a predator Hybrid, a lot of people did jump to the conclusion that he was dangerous.

When the Fox Hybrid walked in, he noticed that the Human girl was sitting on the patient bed with a bright smile, and the Bunny Hybrid girl was hiding behind the Human. He made sure to close the door behind him for more privacy.

"Detective Park," the Human girl said with a smile.

"Hyojung-ssi, please just call me Jimin," the Hybrid Detective said politely with a sweet smile.

"I'm sorry, I keep forgetting," Hyojung said, her smile not leaving her face.

Jimin looked past Hyojung at the Bunny Hybrid, who was still cowering behind Hyojung. Although he was slightly disappointed, he didn't let it show on his face.

"How are you Hyojung-ssi?" Jimin asked, trying to get a conversation going and to put the Bunny Hybrid more at ease.

"I'm doing well, I picked up my cousin yesterday and she's at home sleeping," Hyojung responded, without giving too much information away. She wasn't going to tell the Detective that she picked you up from prison. Although she knew that you had a very good relationship with the other detectives in the Hybrid Unit, you being put into prison was not her story to tell.

Jimin lightly chuckled, "It's almost noon."

Hyojung sighed dramatically. "That's what I keep telling her, but alas, she will not listen to me. She was always the rebellious one in our family."

The Bunny Hybrid let out a small giggle. Jimin smiled brighter at that. Slowly, the Bunny's walls were being to crumble. But he knew he had to take it slowly, he couldn't rush into it.

"I'm guessing Seunghee-ssi has already heard about your cousin?" Jimin said, more directly towards Hyojung but with enough room that the Bunny Hybrid could answer for herself.

Hyojung understood what he was doing and turned to Seunghee with a smile. Hyojung placed her hand on Seunghee's trembling hand. "I told her a lot of stories about my cousin, didn't I?" Seunghee smiled back at Hyojung and gave a shy nod.

Hyojung turned back to the Detective, "I think my cousin and Seunghee are going to be really good friends. I can tell."

"Do you think she'll like me though?" Much to Jimin's surprise, Seunghee spoke. It was in a very small and timid voice but it was loud enough for Jimin.

Jimin didn't know how to swallow the new facts being presented to him. Ever since the day they rescued Seunghee, she didn't dare talk to anyone. Not him. Not Namjoon. None of the other Detectives, human or hybrid. Granted she was a lot more comfortable around women, but it wasn't to the point where Seunghee would initiate the conversation. Yet, she was perfectly comfortable speaking to Hyojung. He thought of the only explanation: Hyojung was possibly the mate of Seunghee.

"I know so," Hyojung said bopping the female Bunny's nose lovingly. "My cousin is a bit of a loose cannon but she has a heart of gold...although it's really hard to see because of her short temper," Hyojung said with a warm smile.