09

Chapter 9 | Thirteen

Hoseok's leg was bouncing up and down from anxiety. It was the day he was getting discharged from the hospital. He would have been discharged a day after being admitted into the hospital but it turned out that he had a small fracture in his arm from the beating he had received. So he had to stay in the hospital for an extra day. He had explained to Namjoon and Jimin that it wasn't a mugging. It was an unsolicited beating just because he was a Hybrid. A hate crime.

Looking down at the cast, he couldn't help but be reminded of the incident from two days ago. He couldn't remember much but there was one thing that he could remember. Your voice. What kind of coincidence could it be? That the girl who basically saved his life was the girl that Jimin couldn't stop talking about?

He reached for his phone and dialed a number.

Namjoon was sitting at his desk, narrowing his eyes at the human female sitting in front of him. There was a clear red hand mark on the woman's left cheek. She was wearing fairly revealing clothes and was batting her fake eyelashes at him. She was telling him her side of the story. But he wasn't really interested in hearing her side of the event. After all, he believed you much more than he believed the woman in front of him.

His eyes flicked back to you. You were sitting next to the woman, rolling your eyes listening to her side of the story, arms folded in front of your chest. He had to bite back a smile that was threatening to form.

"I really didn't do anything, detective," the woman said seductively.

"Yeah," you scoffed. "Because CCTV's aren't a thing."

"Shut up!" She sneered at you. She put her attention back on Namjoon, pressed her arms closer together to reveal her cleavage, in hopes that Namjoon would take her side.

"This is so stupid," you said standing up.

"Y/N-ssi, sit down," Namjoon said with authority in his voice. He was being professional.

You looked at him, wanting to say something but then sighed and sat back down with a pout, muttering under your breath. Jimin watched the entire thing from across the room, amusement clear in his eyes.

You had come back into the station for slapping the woman who was acting like she was above a Hybrid worker in a mall. Jimin could tell that you wanted to do more but held yourself back because she was a female. He knew how you were able to hold your own against men, so he could tell that you restrained yourself quite a bit.

He heard his phone ringing and smiled when he saw the caller ID. It was from Hoseok.

"Hyung," Jimin said happily into the phone. "Yeah? ... If you're sure ... Is Taehyung there too? ... Just come to the station then ... Yeah, she's here for hitting someone again ... Alright I'll see you soon."

Jimin smiled as he hung up the phone. Hoseok had called wanting to meet you so that he could properly thank you for saving him. Jimin always wanted to introduce you to the rest of his mates. But their schedules never really aligned, not to mention, he still didn't know your phone number. Sure he could easily get your number from Sihyuk or by looking through your records, but he wanted to ask you personally. He always missed the timing of asking you. But it didn't matter too much since you came into the station at least two to three times a week.

"Finally! I thought that bitch was never going to leave," you said rubbing your temples, feeling a migraine forming from listening to her nonsense.

Jimin smiled as he made his way over to Namjoon's desk. Jimin placed two hands on Namjoon's shoulder, slightly messaging them. "You showed unbelievable restraint," Jimin said teasingly.