41

Chapter 41 | Did You Miss Me?

There was always something so beautiful and simple about doing nothing. Yoongi especially liked those days when he was able to completely relax. When he didn't have to create any songs. When he didn't have to do any chores. And he could just simply relax.

The only problem that Yoongi often faced was the fact that seemingly none of the other pack members liked to relax.

Seokjin wasn't one to enjoy a lazy day. He liked cooking and housework a little too much to enjoy a day off. Namjoon and Jimin were workaholics. They had to be forcefully removed from their work to relax. Hoseok was a ball of energy that never seemed to go out. It was as if he didn't even know what the term 'relax' meant. Taehyung and Jungkook simply didn't like to do nothing. If they had a day off, the two would go off to the park, the woods, the beach, museums, and other locations to do some photography or to gain more inspiration for their work.

So in other words, Yoongi was the only one in the pack that enjoyed a lazy day. He wasn't able to have a long cuddle session with any of his mates. Sure, they knew how much Yoongi liked to laze about but they weren't able to laze with Yoongi as much as the Panther wanted.

That of course all changed when you joined their pack. Much to his delight, you knew how to appreciate a lazy day just like him. When the two of you became closer, he found that you liked to cuddle and just lay in bed all day just like him.

It became sort of a ritual for the two of you. Whenever he was stuck on a song he was working on or just felt a little down, he would, unabashedly, just walk into your room (without knocking) and just lay on your bed. If you weren't busy, you would eagerly and gladly cuddle with him until he 'recharged his battery' so to speak. Which took a while but then again, you didn't mind.

So many things had changed in your life ever since you began to live with your mates. You stopped wearing Scent Blockers at home. Of course, you still wore it when you went outside, knowing that Chanseong was still out there somewhere. But you weren't so afraid of your scent.

You trusted your mates since they have made sure that you wouldn't be forced to do anything you didn't want to when they were in their ruts. Which was more than you could ever ask for. Even after all of them had scented you, they still asked for your permission before scenting you almost every morning and every night.

It was a rather lazy day in the pack. Namjoon's rut had finished early that morning but was sleeping away his exhaustion. Jimin was nearing the end of his rut but it seemed as if Jimin's rut was affecting him much more than all the other members, it was even worse than Jungkook's.

You and the pack were sitting in the basement watching Iron Man as the masked hero was Jungkook's favourite superhero and since he was in the middle of writing a superhero movie inspired by you, he claimed it was for 'research purposes'. You didn't buy it for one second. He loved the movie too much to be researching how to write a superhero movie. Even if he was, he probably watched that movie a hundred times to know how a standard superhero movie was written.

Currently, you were seated on the floor between Jungkook's legs. His arms were around your waist with his chin on your shoulder. He was getting more and more affectionate with you lately. You had heard from Jin that because Jungkook was a Bunny Hybrid, his rut cycle was more frequent and he might soon be going into rut once again. Bringing forth the occasional remark of "horny Bunny" from Yoongi and Taehyung.

Jin and Hoseok were in charge of logging Jungkook's frequent ruts and they were making sure to check the signs every morning before Jungkook went to spend time with you.

As the movie was nearing its halfway mark, you got a phone call. You looked down at the phone and saw that it was Sungjae.

"I'll be right back," you announced.

When you stood up, Jungkook let out a whine as you shook him off. Taehyung laughed as he took your place and Jungkook cuddled up to the Tiger Hybrid. Jungkook's eyes silently but very loudly telling you to hurry back.

Not wanting to disturb the movie for the rest of the pack, you went up the stairs into the living room and took the phone call.

"You know you better have a very good explanation for ignoring me for the last two weeks," you said as soon as you answered the call.

"I'm sure he has," the voice on the other end of the call didn't belong to Sungjae. A chill went up your spine. "Did you miss me?"

Hello! It's been a while since I have done an author's note

I know that today's chapter was slightly shorter and a little bit more expositional. I see this chapter as an end to the second act before we move on to the final act. Which means... this book is slowly making its way to the finish line!

But the real reason I wanted to do this author's note is that I just wanted to drop in and say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! (if you don't celebrate Christmas)

I hope you are all staying safe and enjoying a nice holiday with your family and friends in the midst of the pandemic!