25

Chapter 25 | The Right Moment

"Damn that fucking Panther and Tiger," Chanseong cursed under his breath as he undid the bandage around his stomach and chest.

There was a bite mark on his stomach and a claw mark across his chest. It was going to leave a nasty scar, there was no doubt about that. Being a Leopard Hybrid, he knew that if it was just the Tiger, as it had been, they would have easily captured the Bunny. But out of nowhere, the Panther arrived. And despite being a Top Predator Hybrid himself, he was no match for two Top Predator Hybrids attacking him in a very orderly fashion. There was no doubt in the Leopard's mind that the Panther and Tiger were mates. They were able to move and attack almost like they were the same person. And that only came with having full trust in the other.

Although it had been about a week and a half since the incident, the injuries were no closer to healing. They were deep. The two Hybrids, the Panther and the Tiger, attacked not to injure but to kill.

He needed to continuously clean the wound as he didn't want to risk it getting infected. He was already ordered by his older mates to take some time off to heal. If he got infected, he'll be out of work for a longer period, and he just couldn't let that happen.

As Chanseong was cleaning the wound, he let out a hiss of pain from the stinging. He was going to get back at the Panther and the Tiger. When they got their entire pack, as they always do, he was going to make sure that the Panther and Tiger would regret every single life decision. He was going to break them physically and mentally.

"Well, that looks horrible," Wooyoung commented as he walked into the bathroom.

Chanseong ignored him and continued cleaning his wounds.

"Taecyeon is looking for you," Wooyoung continued not fazed by the lack of response. Chanseong only grunted in response. "Apparently, he found some information on your unscented woman."

The Leopard's head snapped up immediately. "What about her?"

The Black Tiger only shrugged with a smug look. "I'm sure he'll tell you once you go into the office."

"You've finally graced me with your presence," a Human said with a smirk causing Chanseong to roll his eyes. "Sit down Chanseong. I have a lot of things to say."

Chanseong sat down almost immediately. Taecyeon was not only his older mate but his boss. There was nothing good that would come out of Chanseong disrespecting and not listening to Taecyeon.

"I'll get to the business side first," Taecyeon said with a serious look. "Minjoon told me that they're making good progress with the serum. According to him, it's about 70% finished and it's looking promising. The only problem is that we lost 3 Bunny Hybrids during the testing phase, and we need more Bunnies."

"You want me to go out and retrieve some?" Chanseong asked, glad that he was finally doing something and not moping about in his room. 

Taecyeon hummed. "How's your scar?" He asked in a softer voice.

"I'll live," Chanseong shrugged. "I'm going to make sure that Panther and Tiger is going to regret even injuring me in the first place."

"Right. I suggest you start with the smaller cities, they might not be aware that Bunnies are going missing, not that the police here know," Taecyeon said his eyes sparkling with an unknown glint. He pulled out a tablet from a drawer and handed it to Chanseong. "And this is a present from me to you."

The Hybrid took the tablet and turned it on. There was a file. Chanseong opened it and a wide smirk appeared on his face. There was a picture of you, it seemed like it was recently taken as you were in the park laughing with a Tiger Hybrid.

"That girl, don't you recognize her?" Taecyeon said after seeing the smile on his mate's face.

Chanseong looked up at Taecyeon confused.

"Does the name Choi Y/N ring a bell?" Taecyeon asked.

The Leopard Hybrid's eyes went wide with shock as his lips curl up into a frightening obsessive smile.

"She grew up into a beautiful young woman," Chanseong said licking his lips, unable to take his eyes away from your picture.

"Indeed," Taecyeon nodded.

Their pack was very different from other Hybrid packs. The members of the pack didn't care if their mates were promiscuous, seeing other men or women. Their mate bond was more of a family and a loyalty bond rather than the typical romantic bond.

"Now, I need your word, Chanseong," Taecyeon said with a firm gaze on Chanseong.

"About?"

"Not going after her, at least not right now," Taecyeon said, earning a dangerous growl from Chanseong. "She is mated to seven Hybrids. Two of whom are working in the Police Department under the Hybrid Unit. If you go after her without proper planning, everything we've worked up to is going to come crumbling down."

Chanseong was growing frustrated.

"I'm not saying that you can never take her, I'm just saying wait," Taecyeon said calmly. "They've only recently become a full pack. Besides, I'm sure she's probably aware of your identity as well. So she and her entire pack are going to be on high alert. If you take her now, you'll only anger and provoke the Hybrids. They're a strong pack they have six Top Predator Hybrids, not to mention the entire Hybrid Unit. It's going to be hard for us to take them head-on.

"Don't even go after the Bunny Hybrid in their pack. Leave them alone. When they're no longer on alert and they relax into their daily routine, you can do whatever you want to the pack and to the girl. But until then, I want you to stay away from them. Do you understand?"

Chanseong growled, not satisfied with the entire idea. But he understood where Taecyeon was coming from. They've been working on a serum for many years, and they were so close to finishing it. Although he wanted you, he had to choose his pack. At least until the right opportunity.

"Fine," Chanseong spat out. "I'll keep my distance, for now."

☆