05

Chapter 5 | Strange Human

Jimin gave a stretch as he finished his paperwork for the day. Working two cases was a difficult task, especially when he was working on a case without anyone in the Unit knowing about it. Jimin was stealthy, the perks of being a Fox Hybrid, but Namjoon was having trouble keeping a low profile. Jimin couldn't help but chuckle whenever Namjoon would get flustered and jittery when a detective would casually just walk behind Namjoon's desk.

"You done?" Namjoon asked as he looked up from his desk.

"Mostly, I can finish the rest of the paperwork tomorrow," Jimin said cracking his neck and messaging his shoulders.

"Alright, let me just finish this and we can go," Namjoon said with a nod. Going back to focus on his work.

Jimin decided to take the time he had to clean up around his desk. On his desk were a couple of picture frames. One, in particular, was his favourite. It was a large group picture, seven Hybrids all looking at the camera and smiling. His pack. His mates.

Jimin snapped his head to Sihyuk's office when the Chief harshly opened his door with urgency. He was on the phone with an exasperated look.

"... we'll be there soon ... yeah, I know where it is. We'll be there in about 10 minutes. Make sure nothing escalates ... thanks Minho," Sihyuk said as he sighed hanging up. He turned to Jimin and Namjoon. "I know you two are supposed to be leaving soon, but we have an assault case."

Jimin and Namjoon nodded firmly. After all, they were detectives and assault cases are important. And being a detective, having to stay overtime was a regular thing.

Sihyuk looked at the two Hybrids gratefully. "Jaebum, you too. I think the victim might have something against Hybrids. We need another human there." Jaebum quickly stood up and got ready to leave.

Jimin, Namjoon, and Jaebum quickly followed Sihyuk out of the Police Department and headed to one of the unmarked cars. Jaebum sat at the front passenger's seat while Sihyuk was in the driver's seat. Jimin and Namjoon quickly took their seats in the back of the vehicle.

"What's it this time?" Jaebum asked as Sihyuk pulled out of the Police Department.

"Y/N is getting back to her old ways," Sihyuk sighed, causing Jaebum to laugh.

"She just can't keep out of trouble, can she?" Jaebum shook his head, still chuckling.

"This girl is going to be the death of me," Sihyuk groaned.

A small smile played upon Jimin's face after hearing your name. Jimin and Namjoon looked out the window of the car, trying to see where they were going. But, they felt their heart rate pick up when they saw the familiar roads and the familiar way of heading to their mate's restaurant. Jimin turned to look at Namjoon, who shared the same nervous look.

Their worst fears were realized when they stopped at the side of the road, right in front of Bangtan Restaurant and Cafe. It was their mate's establishment.

They quickly got out of the car, and followed Sihyuk inside the restaurant, hoping that it was nothing too big.

When they entered the restaurant, they noticed that there were no customers inside. A man was lying on the ground between Seokjin and a taller, handsome-looking human who wore an expensive-looking suit. The man handed what looked to be a business card to Seokjin, who accepted it very eagerly. The man on the floor was breathing heavily. They could clearly see that he had a black eye, a busted lip, and was bleeding from his broken nose.

"Minho," Sihyuk said as he walked up to the man speaking to Jimin's mate.

"Ahjussi," Minho replied with a warm smile, hugging the older detective.