Hope

“Dr. Sullivan?”

Mia just stood there, raising an eyebrow as the handsome man approached her sister.

“Dr. Sullivan” Charlie quickly approached to offer a firm handshake to the doctor

“I did not expect to see you here. How have you been?”

Sophia bit her lip, she was not really in the mood to talk, specially about her.

“What are you doing here?”

“Oh, well, I was around and, decided to drop by and grab the first cup of coffee, before heading to work” he smiled charmingly “Did I over hear you are heading for your exams, today?”

“Yes, I am” Sophia whispered.

In the last time she had noticed his amazing scent, but not so much as she did at that moment, when he was a lot closer to her. She hated that her other senses, like hearing and smell, had gotten so much more skilled. Or would she notice that great scent of the doctor, anyway?

“Do not be nervous, they are good. And the results will be equally good” he smiled “How are you going to the clinic?”

Sophia’s eyes widened “Oh, well, I...” she was caught by surprise “We are going to get a bus and…”

“I am going there now, I could offer you a ride”

“Oh, no, really, that is not necessary at all” Sophia showed a small smile

“I have my car right here. You will not dare to say it is not more comfortable than a bus seat”

Mia chuckled, still observing the doctor and her sister “No, she will not dare”

Ben smiled “Good then, let’s go?” he started walking back to open the door for the ladies.

He was equally surprised to see her. And still stunned with her beauty.

It amazed him how she was such a beautiful lady, with a perfect and elegant attitude, without being able to see.

She was captivating.

“You really did not have to do this” Sophia whispered as she entered his car, alongside her sister, after both heard a thousand words of caution from Charlie

“It is nothing, I am heading to the clinic myself” Ben explained “I am quite surprised to see you, Miss. Peterson. Though I have to admit it was the first time I went to that diner”

“Yes, we are from the neighbor”

“Oh, I had no idea” Ben smiled, observing her quietness

Mia stood quiet and silent in the back seat, simply watching both talking. She could not believe this young guy was the famous doctor Alex always talked about. She always imagined the famous doctor to be a lot older.

“Is all that… nerves, lost hope or just… the way you are?” Ben asked with a charming smile

“Oh, uh…” Sophia played with her fingers “All three, I guess” she whispered.

It amazed her how big of a gentleman he was and how she felt so comfortable just from hearing his voice.

“If it makes you feel any better, I have had success in cases that seemed lost and impossible at a first sight”

“Oh...” Sophia said no word

“Alright, it did not make you feel better…”

Both sisters chuckled as he continued