The Language of Eyes

The doctor's heart skipped a beat at her sight. He was not expecting her at all and, after all the latest events in his life, all he could sense was trouble coming up.

"Worry not, Ben" she sadly smiled "I just... I wanted to see you" she took a deep breath "I thought a lot about it, before showing up, because despite everything, believe me, I don't want to cause you any trouble"

Benjamin's eyes studied her closely, his throat not able to form any sound or word. So, Anna continued "I am really sorry about everything you went through, Ben. Particularly with me and my father" she looked down "I am so sorry"

"I-It is past" he showed a small hesitant smile "No grudge"

"I am sure you will be successful here. You will get my father down with this clinic"

"Hmmm..."

"Well, I am not working with him anymore" she revealed, surprising the doctor. "In fact, I just wrote a letter to the press, telling a story"

The doctor raised his eyebrow at her "A story?"

"I am sorry I never asked for your consent before. Ops" she sadly smiled "I just wanted to fix everything... somewhat"

"You didn't have to do it"

"Shhh, no words about it" she smiled "I just want you to know I want all the best for you, Ben. I love you and I always will. And I just want you to be happy. We have had this conversation before, but I still want to say it." She smiled

Ben started at her, with a sad smile. That was the Anna he knew. The Anna he had once fallen in love with. But not the love of his life. Simply someone he would always feel affection for. "Thank you, Anna" he smiled

"Baby!"

Suddenly, Sophia appeared, quickly walking towards the doctor. His eyes widened, his heart stopped "Soph, I swear nothing was..."

She smiled, kissing his cheek, before staring at Anna "It is ok," she chuckled "I might have heard everything"

Anna bit her lip, staring at her "I am sorry"

"No..." Sophia stared at her "You have nothing to be sorry about" She smiled, approaching her "I actually owe you a huge thank you, Anna. I would still be blind if it wasn't for you, too"

Anna looked down, as Sophia continued "Even if it was not for me you did it. I have to thank you"

Sadly smiling, she took a step back "You take good care of him"

"I will" she smiled, reassuringly

"It was good to see you, Anna" Ben approached, giving her a small hug "Thank you"

She smiled at him "We'll... see each other around"

"Yeah" Ben spoke, watching her turning around to leave. However, Sophia, walking behind him, whispered in his ear "I heard she was unemployed?"

Smiling, he looked down at her "Really?"

"If you behave" she bit her lip, making him chuckle

"Anna?" he spoke out loud, calling her back

"Ben?"

"Would you be interested in... working together again? As soon as I open more departments and extend the clinic?"

The surprise and light that suddenly invaded her eyes was inexplicable "Are you... serious?"

"Well, unless you have to get your father's authorization?"