I wish I could see you

Rated R*

-

The levels of anxiety of Dr. Sullivan were increasing day by day, especially after weeks of waiting for a response from Dr. Gordon, that did not seem to come.

Not only his life had been hell, lately, always being pressured by Anna and her father, as well, who were convinced he was cheating on her. But, with that, he had to be much more careful and more... his time with Sophia had been restricted.

*flashback*

"My daughter has been quite sad..." Philips sat before Ben, in his office

"I am too, I was too for a really long time. Time seems to help."

"I am a man, boy." Philips stared at him "I know how we cannot stand a long time without the comfort of our ladies arms. Don't tell me otherwise"

"What is it exactly you are insinuating?"

Philips stood up "Alright, nothing."

"Good."

"Why don't you join us during the week for dinner? We have some family in town, it should be fun. And it might get Anna in a better mood."

The doctor stared at him, internally screaming, yet feeling himself with no choice

*End of flashback*

That was when Philips first started to pressure the doctor and watch him closely. There was just too many things happening at the same time for him.

It was all that pressure and the time he was basically forced to spend with Anna. It was all the time he was wasting to be with Sophia. It was the lack of news from Dr. Gordon.

Everything was taking him insane, literally

However, Ben seemed to be in a lighter mood that day. He was going to take the chance that Philips was out of town and Anna was working late to take Sophia in a date.

Well, the usual dates at his place. They could not do much more.

He could not do much more, which saddened him. He wanted to give Soph so much more and he just saw himself incapable of doing so.

"Oh, Dr. Sullivan!"

Gordon's voice did not seem surprised at all.

Benjamin was paying him a visit, to try, of course, hurry the process of Sophia's case.

"I guess you know why I am here?"

"Yes, I do, you man" he gave him a handshake. "I am terribly sorry for the lack of information. I am waiting for the answer of the third clinic I have asked to perform the surgery. I first contacted a hospital that took a really long time to give me a negative answer, since they are constantly full with other surgeries. The second actually gave me a positive answer, but once I visited to see their conditions... son, you would not want to take the beautiful lady there."

Benjamin looked down "It's just... I am kind of... in a hurry, you know"

"You also know Philip's clinics is probably the one with the best of conditions"

"Yes, I do" Ben sighed

"I am doing my best, please do not think I am not making an effort"

"Oh, no... I would never think that. It is just... as I explained..."

Gordon smiled "You should be really careful with Philips."

Benjamin looked at him, not replying