Surprises

Sophia observed every detail around her.

She was completely lost, yet fascinated with that new place.

"Do you need help, my lady?"

She was suddenly called back to reality. And the jitters immediately returned, again.

"Oh, yes. I am completely lost. I have no idea how to get to this place?!" She showed him the address Leo Sullivan had given to her.

Oh. My. God. What am I doing here? She asked herself for the millionth time.

What am I gonna tell him? I'm just going to show up like this?!

"You don't know your way around London?" The middle aged man smiled at her

"Not at all" She nervously smiled

"YOU ARE GOING!" She remembered her sister snapping at her, even in front of Sullivan. "Oh, you have to help me in this!" she had turned to both Charlie and Leo.

"Why do you defend him so much?" Charlie had said, still unsure about the entire situation.

"Grandpa, look at Soph! This would not be possible if..."

"He caused it in the first place!" Charlie insisted

"He was man enough to face it, accept it, and fix it!" Mia argued

"It was an accident..." Sophia had turned to Charlie

Charlie stopped himself to stare at her, after hearing such words coming from her mouth "So you accepted that"

Sophia gulped "I think Mia's right..." she whispered, closing her eyes

"No" Leo smiled "You like my brother. You're still crazy about him" he whispered

"No, I just..." Sophia tried to speak, but Mia immediately interrupted her

"Leo, she is going."

"I know nothing, over there!"

"See? She's not saying no anymore!" Mia chuckled, devilishly.

Oh, that girl was impossible, sometimes.

"Oh, damn" Benjamin groaned, dropping the PlayStation remote on the couch, after losing the game he was playing.

Drowned in his boredom, stubbornness and heartbreak, in the last few days he felt lonelier than ever.

He refused the usual invites to leave the house and all the times he left was simply to go to work. Of course, he felt no will to leave, but he was starting to get tired, bored and feeling lonely, to be closed in that place, with no one to talk to.

He even felt such a child for spending a beautiful Saturday locked at home, playing videogames.

And, despite everything, he knew he could not be like that his entire life. Despite blaming himself for everything that happened, he knew he had to learn how to deal with that.

The hardest thing to deal with was the fact he caused misery to the person he loved, even if he did not know.

"Hmph..." he sighed, standing up to go to the kitchen and get something eat, trying to deal with that continuous whirl that refused to go away.

He felt himself slamming the fridge door, no longer afterwards, finding himself not wanting anything that was in there.

"Uhhh" he nervously groaned, hearing his phone ringing.

And, once again, he had no idea what made him such angry or frustrated.

"Hello?!" he basically snapped

"Woah! Is this a bad time, Ben?"

He took a deep breath, it was Dani, his work colleague.

"Hey, Danni, no. I'm sorry" he took a deep breath

"Ben? Are you ok? You've gotten me worried"

"Why would you be worried? I'm just fine..."

"Alright, sorry, grumpy" she chuckled

Ben closed his eyes "I'm sorry, really, Danni. I'm... I don't mean to sound grumpy."

"What are you up to?"

"Not much, honestly" he whispered, wandering around the house like a undecided puppy

"Hmmm, alright, I'll leave you to your space, Ben, I am sorry for bothering"

The doctor closed his eyes, feeling bad for being mean to her "Dani... uh... wait"

"Yes?"

"Do you know... could you advise me any indoor pool around?" He asked

"Of course..."

He sadly smiled, actually feeling good about his last minute decision. He missed going out for a swim.

So, after she indicated him a good place for that, he went to change his clothes, getting ready to leave the house to somewhere that was not his workplace, probably for the first time since he had gotten there.

"Ok" he took a deep breath, walking to grab his keys "let's go"

However, as he opened the door to leave, his eyes gave him the most surprising image, in front of him.

She was still with her hand up, about to ring the doorbell, when she was also surprise by him, opening the door.

They could not be sure for how long they stood staring at each other.

His eyes, widened, feeling immensely regretful and evilly after everything he did to her, particularly as her stare fell upon his.

They were called back to reality, as the keys he held in his hand suddenly fell to the floor

"S-Sophia?"

---

Hello!

A quick update!

Tell me what do you think!

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*