Lonely

The doctor found himself sitting and beholding his smaller pool, back home. He felt no energy to do anything at all.

He felt so angry and disappointed when he thought about Anna and the both of their families.

And yet, the thought of Sophia and the amazing time he shared with her put a smile on his face. He could not really tell what it was about her.

Her beauty definitely caught his eye and made him drool. But there was a lot more to her that made him feel good and comfortable around her.

She was so genuine and just… such a fighter. He could not believe that anyone who would stand next to her without feeling the willpower and strength in her.

Even if she did not know it.

The doctor was lost in his thoughts, when the doorbell was heard throughout the house. And he had no will whatsoever to get up.

But, when whoever it was insisted, he finally stood up and walked to the door, glancing at the watch on his way. He had not realized it was so late already.

He even forgot to eat.

But that was the least of his concerns at the moment.

When he opened the door, he got face to face with a furious Anna. He did not say a word, he just stared at her.

Anna stared back at him, for a few moments, looking like she was about to kill him. And, judging by the way she abruptly approached him, he actually thought she was going to.

Instead, she strongly hugged him, breaking down into tears.

“Anna…” Ben whispered

“I hate you… I HATE YOU!” she started hitting his chest

“Anna, stop…” he hugged her back.

“I hate you…” she sobbed

The doctor stood silent, he simply hugged her back.

“And I miss you…” she whispered

Ben closed his eyes, caressing her back. There she was. A glimpse of the Anna he missed.

“I cannot figure what has happened to us, really…” Ben spoke.

“We have been together for more than five years… can we not survive this?”

“Of course, it this is between us… and only us”

She took a deep breath “You do not want to marry me”

His eyes widened and he immediately took a step back “I do not want to marry your father and his business!”

“Ben… gosh…!”

“Why did you call earlier?”

“Because we have to talk about this! My father and yours were at my place and…”

“Yeah, I see… I know where that will go. Why are they suddenly so important? Why do you let them influence you?!”

“They are not influencing me! They are absolutely right! Ben… I bloody love you! And I feel like you are just playing with me and my feelings, at this point”

The doctor rubbed his hair, he did not know how to handle that situation anymore…

“So what do you want to do?” he asked, with no will to keep with the useless fight

“What do I want to do?!” she asked, even more irritated “Are you listening to yourself?!”

“What do you want me to say, Anna? Get down on my knee and propose? Just because everyone else wants to join us and hook up in society, make a great impression in the city and get funds out of everything.”