Adjustment

Sophia was sitting on her bed, lost in her thoughts. It was early in the morning, and she could see the sun beams invading her room.

She was still trying to get used to seeing the world again.

And still, nothing seemed to have changed.

Except from the new technologies of course. She was still trying to adjust herself to those.

However, everything seemed to be the same as she remembered.

She had always thought having her sight back would bring her normal and happy life back.

Well, she was wrong.

She could not be more wrong.

All she felt was everything but happiness.

Heartbreak.

Pain.

Sorrow.

She would cry herself to sleep at nights.

She would wake up and want to stay in that room without anyone else's bother.

If her sister or if Charlie did not force her to leave, she would stay there all day.

It felt like an eternity away when the accident that took her sight happened. But she felt like even by then the sorrow was not the same as now.

Back then... it was rage and denial.

The sorrow and pain she carried back then, she would always associate to that anger she built over the accident that took her eyes away. And to the eyes that took hers away.

The very same eyes she fell in love with without knowing.

What was God even thinking?

"Soph?"

Her eyes wandered to the door, where she could see the figure of her grandfather, looking the same as she always knew him, except weaker. She knew all the pain, stress and health problems had not helped him at all, over the past years. And yet, he always wanted to look strong and good, to her.

"I was thinking" he whispered, approaching her "Why don't we go and take a walk in the park?"

She sadly smiled at him, feeling the huge knot in her throat, threatening her with upcoming tears, once again.

He was trying to get her out.

He was making such an effort to make her happy. Just like Mia.

Everyone.

And she felt she never repaid them.

All she did was to cause them more suffering.

So, taking a deep breath, she finally stood up and sadly nodded "T-That'd be good"

His eyes widened and he finally showed a wide smile "Well, get ready then!" he happily said "I'm going to call your sister and warn her!"

Sophia smiled, watching him excitedly leaving her to her privacy.

Mia was still working at Mrs. Smith, for the moment. Though Leo Sullivan was true to his word and had already given both sisters a list of places he owned or was associated with so they could choose anything.

That was more than getting them a better job.

That was giving them the choice to decide what they wanted to work in and how much they would get paid. And that was crazy.

He was really willing to do that for them, as Sophia said when her sister presented her with the list.

"No... he is doing this for Benji" Mia had said to her.