Darkness

"Soph?"

Mia whispered, entering her sister's dark room "Hey..." she called out

"Not hungry" she heard a few moments later

"As always" Mia spoke, walking to the window, opening it.

That room needed some fresh air and light.

"Come on" she took the blankets off her sister, who got instantly irritated.

"I am not going anywhere"

"Oh? Are you a five year old now?! It's been days! And you are going to have a proper meal!" Mia basically yelled.

"Are you going to make me?"

Mia sighed "Actual five year old" she took her hand and tried to drag her from her bed.

"Soph" Charlie went to the door "Come and join us for lunch, dear" he softly asked

"Can I have five peaceful minutes?"

Charlie sighed, walking back to the kitchen.

As to Mia, she sat next to her sister "You have had days, Sophia." She spoke, now calmly "What? You are going to stuck yourself here again, as you did when you got blind? Are you going through that all over again? Are WE going through that all over again?"

Sophia looked down "I feel like that night was just yesterday. Except now I know whose eyes hit me"

Mia looked down, holding her hand "I am so sorry Soph" she whispered

Sophia bit her lip, as the tears she did not think she still had, fell down her cheeks again "I don't think there is a possible happy ending in store for me."

"Don't even dare going that way!" Mia dragged her out of the bedroom "This was just..."

Charlie, sitting on his kitchen table, already eating his lunch, sadly stared at his heartbroken blind granddaughter, as they approached him.

"What?" Soph immediately interrupted her sister "A sad joke?!"

Mia took a deep breath, making Sophia sitting down and putting her meal in front of her "You better eat that, Soph" she kissed her cheek

"He's not worth those tears..." Charlie whispered "I still can't believe even I fell into his trap"

Sophia wiped her tears away. Despite everything, she was never able to picture Benjamin doing such a terrible thing on purpose. After everything they went through, after everything he did for her, she could not believe it was all a lie.

It simply could not be.

But... what did it matter now?

Nothing of that matter.

It didn't matter if he was honest and truthful or not.

The closure would still be the same.

He ran her over. He was the cause of all those years of misery.

He was the cause of her blindness and almost invalidity.

And that, she could not simply forget.

The pain and misery she went through was too much to ever forget.

"Hey..." Mia then interrupted as Charlie continuously cursed against Ben "Let's not forget he came here and told you the truth. If he ever meant any harm... or if he was ever untruthful, he would have never admit this."

"Are you on his side now?!" Charlie's eyes widened

"I am just being rational! Of course I am on my sister's side. As always!" Mia snapped "But this is true, you know it, Soph. He could have never speak and you would live in ignorance forever. He was truthful. He knew no one would react well. He knew the probable consequences. He still did it. Why? Because he knew it was the right thing to do. And do not convince me otherwise, because you know I am right. You are both just mad..." she looked at her grandfather "...and heartbroken to see it" she then held her sister's arm