Courtesy of Miss Philips

*days before*

"Anna, I am not the one to talk about it" Jack walked around, desperately wanting Anna to stop following him

"You are not listening!" she insisted "I need to know! I want to help!"

Jack's eyes widened "You want to help?" he approached her "Your father ruined him"

"And he's too broken to care! This is not Ben! I want to help, let me!"

Benjamin's friend stood there, staring at her.

What was he supposed to tell her? That he had fallen in love with another lady and cheated on her, because he had no choice, if he wanted to keep his career?

He did not know much about it, but his brother had told him a few things. Of course, Alex, being with Mia, knew probably more than Jack. Even if he wanted to help his friend, he could not do much. Ben would not open himself.

Before Jack knew, Anna had him in her office and both were alone to talk about Ben.

"Jack, please"

"You know, Anna. I do not know that much, to be honest"

"Give me something, at least!"

"What do you think about this, Anna? You know he did not break your relationship up before, because..."

"... of my father, I know. Our families are not that different, though. But his father has been surprising me, lately"

"Well, there was a beautiful blind lady in his life" Jack whispered, not really knowing how to say those words. Of course, he thought Anna did not know about Sophia, yet.

Anna looked down "I know" She gulped "I know he was over me for a long time... I wonder if that's why he always refused to propose..."

"Well, no" Jack sat in front of her, suddenly more comfortable. "This lady happened after that. He never proposed to you because he was unsure about it. He was always truthful to you, back in that situation"

Anna stared at him, slowly nodding "Okay."

"This lady happened after that. I believe you were not okay, already"

"Yes, that was not too hard to happen." She took a deep breath

"What do you want to do now?"

Anna sadly smiled "It has been such a long time. I guess I should be ready for this outcome." She breathed, trying to fight her tears back "Even if, in my mind, I never wanted to believe this, I knew, deep down, he had moved on. And I knew he never said anything because of my family. I have always knew, I just... believed we could go back to what we were..."

Jack looked at her, feeling bad for her. Despite everything, Anna had always been an amazing lady. Ben also knew that, Ben had fallen in love with her for what she was. It just was not meant to be.

"What happened with this blind lady?" Anna asked "What happened to make Ben be like this?"

Jack looked down, taking a deep breath "Anna... I.... I am really not the person to speak, ok? I don't even know much, I just know he was desperately trying to find a good place for her surgery, with Dr. Gordon's cooperation"

"Dr. Gordon? The old famous neurologist?"

Jack nodded "Yes."

"We have good conditions for a surgery"

Jack smirked "This would be the last place he would bring her, right? He always had her in his appointments for free."

"What about Dr. Gordon? He has to be paid for such surgery"