Company

“Hmmm, dear god, I was starving”

Sophia smiled as she sensed Ben devouring the food, next to her.

“Hey, eat” he then raised his eyebrow “C’mon, Soph.” he raised his hands to caress her face “You will get some news soon, I promise”

She sadly smiled, finally taking a bite from her sandwich “Hmmm, this is delicious”

“Yep! I happen to know all the best places”

She smiled “I don’t doubt that” she whispered

When the doctor finished his meal, he pushed the chair closer to her “Soph,” he whispered “There is a really warm and cozy place you got here”

“Well, it is not much but, more than enough for the three of us”

Ben smiled “Can I ask about your parents?”

Soph looked down “There is not much to say, really” she whispered “My father left before my mother even knew she was pregnant with Mia. I never got to hear about him again and, to be honest, I am not that interested”

Ben sadly smiled, as she continued “And my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when Mia was only two years old. There was nothing she could do to stop it…”

“I am so sorry, Soph” he held her hand “I am sure she is really proud of you and your sister, wherever she is now”

Sophia sadly smiled, touching his hand “You seem to know so much about me…” she spoke “But I still know so little about you, Benjamin” Her hands sneaked up his arms to reach his face.

But it was by then she realized he was still all wet, from the rain.

“Oh, you are going to catch a cold!” she quickly stood up.

As she presented him the house, moments earlier, the doctor had offered himself to put the table on and, meanwhile, she had changed her wet clothes into more comfortable ones.

“Hey, it is ok” he smirked “I am sure none of you will fit me”

“A blanket then, anything” she started to walk to her room “Come”

The doctor followed her without hesitation. She fascinated him more and more and, walking freely around her house, knowing every corner of it, made her look like a completely normal and independent lady in her house, with no visual problems.

Taking his shirt and pants off, he accepted her warm and big blanket “Well, if Charlie comes in anytime and contemplates this amazing image of me, he’ll go to the hospital straight away, again”

Sophia giggled as he continued “well, that and he would kill me”

“He would not” she whispered, approaching him “Stay?”

The doctor smiled, involving Sophia in his arms, surrounding both with her big blanket “I would not refuse such a proposition, Soph.” he whispered, kissing her forehead “But, do you feel comfortable?”

Sophia closed her eyes, letting her head rest in his bare chest “I could not feel more comfortable”

Her hand went to rest in his nude chest as well, feeling his hard muscle and yet, soft skin “This is really wrong, is it not?”

She immediately felt his arms tightening around her “Please let’s not talk about right and wrong right now, Soph” he begged “Maybe it is but… it feels so right”

“Hmm” she looked up “It does”

“Please don’t think I am taking any profit, Soph. I am… in your hands, really” he whispered, kissing her cheeks softly “You are doing really weird things to my heart.” His words could not feel better “And it feels so good”