Chapter 30: Empty

Okay not everything was normal. I found out that a few things had happened in my absence. Daniel and Carmen were not talking to each other either, I heard they fought and a big scene was created and blah blah.

So now our group was completely broken. I didn't cared anymore.

Dylan was no where in school. Not that I cared but it felt weird. Out of curiosity I checked with the teachers and according to them there was no contact with Dylan. He was absent as long as I have been.

Hailey Jordan was back in school and it seemed as if her and Carmen were best friends since both were hanging with each other. Carmen did not even spared me a glance. She was a priss. But Thank God Hailey did not committed suicide or anything.

Delenie was happy with his girlfriend, kissing her around in front of me as if he was not responsible for any problem in my life. I was still shocked that I used to have crush on such an idiot ? But I realized he really was not worth it.

Drake...he was the same old Drake.Every time I saw him I felt my blood boil in anger.

I tried talking to Mr Murphy to let me out of play but once again he refused.

''I am sorry Allyson, the play is just days away we cannot change the main character now.'' He said and left me scowling.

''See I told you, you cannot have your way.'' A mocking voice said behind me, I turned and gave my full glare to Drake Sullivan.

''You are pathetic Drake.''

''Don't I know that.'' He smirked at me.

''Do you know what? You are not worth it. If he isn't allowing me to leave I won't show up on the play.'' That caught his attention and he turned to look at me as if I had grown a third eye.

''You will not do that.'' Now who's talking, I felt a bit payback scenario here  and smirked at him .

''Ah I will, I had to pay you back for what you have  done with me.''

I gave him a last look and was about to leave when I turned back and walked closer to him.

''I don't know what happened with you and Derrick but all I know is that whatever Derrick is doing with you you totally deserve it.'' Drake looked stoned at that.

''You don't know anything Allyson and don't you dare say if you are aloof.''

''Yeah I don't know anything. But all I know is that you had people who really loved you, you acknowledged more than just a school's popular guy; I am talking about Hailey. You hurt her, you hurt me and you think someone will ever love you Drake?''

''Love is not a gamble, just remember that one.''

 I said and left him standing there utterly shocked. Drake's gaze was intense and I could feel his eyes boring holes in my back. Nonetheless I knew it hit him hard, the thing was that which part of my speech made him all serious?

As much as I hated to admit it; I really was curious about him and Derrick even now.

I shook my thoughts and headed for my locker, grabbing my book I looked at it and suddenly I remembered those letters by Dylan.

I grimaced at that. Who could have thought it was him? It was perhaps the biggest shock for me. But why was I remembering Dylan now. He was not the part of my life anymore. In fact he just played a part in destroying it.

I marched to the next class and let the day dawn on me.

Lunch was what I had been dreading the most; as soon as I entered the cafeteria I was not surprised to see that Carmen sat with Hailey and her friends laughing with them. All girls were having fun except Hailey who was just doing an attempt to smile. She looked sad.