Chapter 13: Fight

Daniel wasn’t satisfied with Carmen’s reaction, according to him she didn’t seem shocked enough. At this point I didn’t know what he was expecting. No matter how much of a brilliant plan he came up with (though the jealousy thingy was nowhere near brilliancy) it was going to take time. Carmen had a boyfriend whom she claimed to be in love with, for crying out loud.

Either he was being his usual idiot self or he really was head over heels for her. Even after all these days it was still unbelievable for me that a person like him, who never showed interest in a topic like love was now acting like a closet fan girl.

I saw the hints of surprise in Carmen’s face, I was sure she was shocked but not yet jealous. But I believed that something was better than nothing. At the every least she showed some reaction; it was fine by me.

The problem was with Daniel and his thick head.

When I signed up for this, it didn’t cross my mind that he was going to bug me so much. When we actually used to spent our time watching old movies, making fun of the villains and goofing around; now all he did was talk about Carmen. It was getting extremely annoying for me. I didn’t even read as much as I heard Carmen’s name whole day. I wish she could know how her existence was slowly by slowly torturing the hell out of me.

Not that I actually blamed her, it was just Daniel being Daniel. The only difference was, he had completely changed. He was no longer the Daniel I knew. He was some crazy lover boy, wannbe Romeo who really needed to sort out his priorities. Not that he did useful things before.

‘’I don’t like this.’’ He said pacing back and forth in my room which seemed to have become his favorite place right now.

‘’Trust me, the feeling is mutual.’’ I muttered, flipping the page of my book which was getting harder to concentrate.

‘’I mean she was smooching that guy again.’’

‘’He has a name.’’

‘’Which one?’’

‘’I don’t know, was it Colgate? It’s complicated.’’ I said,

Daniel frowned and resumed his pacing. It was a record for him, he had never done this much exercise let alone walking in all his lifetime, as much as he did in the last hour, ‘’But that’s so weird, don’t you think?’’

‘’The only one being weird is you buddy.’’

‘’You need to act like a friend and support me.’’ Yeah right, like Doyle Jackson was the one pretending to be his fake girlfriend. I suddenly had an urge to write a book on Daniel, if I ever did that, it would make me rich in one day.

‘’Like you did.’’ I muttered sarcastically referring to the time when I told him about what Drake did.

‘’I don’t know what you mean.’’