Chapter 14 (Part 2) : An unwanted Job

Chapter 14 Part 2

When you live with a person like Dale Cattermole, there’s no way your confidence wont rise. I considered myself pretty confident person. Now that image was completely shattering as I stood outside Doyle’s Jackson apartment door. I have always known he was a bully, he had a famous reputation in whole town, and he was a dangerous street fighter who never lost, according to the rumors.

Apart from that and considering my own unfortunate encounters with him, it was proven to me that Doyle was the most unpredictable guy I’ve ever met. The first day when he punched me and took me by surprise confirmed that he could go very far if he wants.

So I was literally sweating when I stood in there, biting my lower lip and fidgeting with my fingers. My palms were clammy and my heart beat had increased its pace to an impossible rate. I knew it was a mistake to come here all alone and without telling anyone but even if I hadn’t come he would have eaten me alive in school. We lived in a same town so it wasn’t like I could avoid him forever.

I nearly yelped away when the door opened all of the sudden throwing me off guard. To say that I was baffled seeing Doyle with his thunderous glory would be an absolute understatement.

The first thing I noticed about him was a huge gash on the side of his face that was going to leave a nasty scar. He was wearing a leather jacket but the almost ripped white shirt was visible underneath. I wasn’t even surprised when I realized he must have been fighting again. My own nerves were a wreck to care about a bully who was probably planning to eat me alive. Cannibal or not…

He had the same blank face that seemed unaware of the little girl with heightened fear standing in front of him.

‘’What are you doing here?’’ He growled and I had a sudden urge to throw myself off from a fifteen story building.

I have met two absolute assholes in my life, one was Derrick Carson whose emotional range started from anger and finished on indifference. While this small scale of feelings were always on a display on his face in a form of a scowl, Doyle always had the same blank expression. When conversing with him, you will experience two things.

He showed no emotion, but there was no ‘politeness’ in his dictionary. He sounded like some alpha wolf of a shitty pack.

‘’You called me remember?’’ I snapped, my fear forgotten and replaced by scorn. What did he think I was? Some obsequious slave?

‘’Get inside’’ He didn’t gave me a chance to get inside; ignoring his own ‘order’ he grabbed my sleeve and dragged me in his apartment. Okay so I was in a boy’s apartment while no one was there.

Breathe Allyson, he won’t try anything intimate on you, and you can do this.

The apartment was a total disaster. Though it was spacious, I could calculate it was badly kept. There were things littering the living room, covering space from the couches to the floor and the hallway. There was a open kitchen attacked to the left side, its counter was perhaps the cleanest thing there. There were plates and cups on display that needed washing and were lying around the sink. And I couldn’t avert my eyes from a spongebob plate.